By (-__- ) ( ^.^) - 11/10/2013 21:00 - United States - Minneapolis

Spicy
Today, trying to be romantic, I started coming on to my wife while in bed, only for her to yet again say she wasn't in the mood. When I asked why she never is lately, she sarcastically blamed it on the government shutdown, then rolled over to go to sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 994
You deserved it 6 335

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Man, errbody gettin cockblocked by the government...

raininginseattle 9

Congrats #2. You must be getting screwed by the government instead.

Comments

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Us republicans gotta stick together, the damn liberals won't help us out, so we won't put out! I bet we'll last longer than you! Haha.. Ah, I give up already.. Can't stand not getting any action by your sweet, sweet left sided views..

I'm pretty sure this comment will be down voted no matter what anyone's political views are.

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Well the GOP must be giving me some love! I'm not buried anymore! Woohoo! Haha, it was just a joke though, not trying to get into a debate about politics. No one wins those fights. Conservative or liberal, both have their strong points and their weak points. We all have to agree to disagree.

That doesn't sound romantic, why not try to wine and dine her first?

yes! not getting ******? damn women and their choices! try buttering her up so she feels she owes you something.

I'm pretty sure that's gotta be some sort of rape/blackmail...

which is why I was writing in what I thought was obvious angry sarcasm

Man, someone pissed in your Cheerios this morning didn't they?

A husband being romantic and putting more effort into getting his wife in the mood than rolling over to poke her is rape/blackmail? No one said if he wines and dines her she'll have to do it; it's simply more likely she'll be in the mood if he tries a little harder.

Lol @46 I'm sorry you feel that way. I can't imagine a couple having dinner together and then having sex! That must be so awful for the girl. Can you imagine? Potentially free food AND SEX?! My God that must be so difficult. I mean, with your HUSBAND?! I hate when anyone ever acts like sex is some evil act that nobody should ever ask for. we should just be able to read our partners minds and only ask when we are 100% sure they will say consent. And then we can't be disappointed if they say no? Imagine that logic with anything else. Girl: "Hey! It's been a few weeks since we last went out together!" Boy: "I can't, I have to do the night shift tonight." Boy on FML: Today I turned down a dinner date. Some girls just don't understand NO MEANS NO. Why should I have to take her on a date just because she has sex with me, as if I owe her something. And she had the nerve to look upset about it. edit: I realize 46 said she was being sarcastic. However my comment still applies to anyone that has ever commented anything of the sort, so I'm keeping it up.

narkill 13

So it actually is affecting someone....

perdix 29

I'll bet you that can make you lose your Boehner!

Maybe you can try being romantic before you get in bed? She might not be feeling appreciated. Make a day of showing romantic jesters and then try again. If she still isn't in the mood ask her to be honest with you about what she is feeling.

graceinsheepwear 33

Personally I would love jesters and other folderol as a romantic gesture, but it might not work in every court.

lol oops. thanks for catching that. *gestures*

Romance is not trying to bang your wife when she doesn't want to. Asking why she's never in the mood when she turns you down isn't going to make her change her mind. Have you tried telling her she's beautiful every now and then? I can't tell you what will work, she's your wife, you should know what she would like. Just try being actually romantic without trying to be rewarded with immediate sex.

sex is an important part of a relationship and if she isn't willing to meet him halfway after he goes through the effort to e romantic about it and be with her, she is the one with the issue, not him.

Love is the big importance of a relationship. Not sex. Love and caring for each other is what relationships are all about. I see society has done brain washed you.

Making love CAN be romantic. Its a way to show you love someone (in some cases). The dude did nothing wrong, he just wanted to do it with his wife. If she didn't want to, then he shouldn't push it but simply trying with someone you're married to is perfectly okay. And maybe he asked because he wanted to know why? Of course it won't change her mind, but if she stopped wanting to ****, maybe there's a reason and they should talk about it. Its always important to ask your partner when you're not sure of something. Maybe the wife was upset and didn't want to talk about it at the moment, but it is her responsibility to tell him if something is bothering her. That is how relationships work. He should probably ask her at a better time, preferably in the daytime when they're getting along. Then they can have a calm, rational discussion on their feelings and sex life.

#31, u are totally right. he goes to the MASSIVE effort of being kind and romantic and he. doesnt. even. get. sex. why should he bother acting like a good husband??? no sex = no relationship

Sex is part of love if you are married. Society has not brainwashed me, I'm one of the guys that does romantic things just cause I can and have the option. Sex is nice, but I don't need it in my relationship. That does not mean, however, that you can constantly deny your partner sex repeatedly and still expect them to stick around. This sounds like the kind of woman that is withholding sex on a regular basis and that can actually lead relationships to end. This has been a known fact for long before society got overly sexual. He has every right to ask why she isn't in the mood if she has repeatedly shut him down over and over again. At least if he asks then he might can change what he is doing, but this sounds like an older couple that is having issues to me. Sex IS WITHOUT A DOUBT an important part of a marital relationship. If you think it isn't, then you are the one that is brainwashed into thinking it is so common that you can do without it in an average relationship.

25 - You say he shouldn't ask her why she's not in the mood, yet you expect him to change and become a better husband? How can he do that if he doesn't ask her what's wrong? Couples need to talk to each other, just because you've been together a long time doesn't mean you can read each other's minds.

If you insist on believing in Astrology at least know the traits of specific signs. Capricorns are supposed to have high sex drives, as are Scorpios.