By (-__- ) ( ^.^) - 11/10/2013 21:00 - United States - Minneapolis

Spicy
Today, trying to be romantic, I started coming on to my wife while in bed, only for her to yet again say she wasn't in the mood. When I asked why she never is lately, she sarcastically blamed it on the government shutdown, then rolled over to go to sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 994
You deserved it 6 336

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Man, errbody gettin cockblocked by the government...

raininginseattle 9

Congrats #2. You must be getting screwed by the government instead.

Comments

If you want your wife to sleep with you, you need to be nice in and out of the bedroom. If you don't pull your weight around the house, or if you're selfish in bed, we are not going to want to sleep with you. And yes we will use sarcasm if you're too dumb to figure it out if it's for obvious reasons

*You will use sarcasm. The rest of us? We can all speak for ourselves. I would never take an abusive verbal jab at my husband with passive-aggressive, and sarcastic statements.

Four options here: She's cheating, she's really not in the mood because something is stressing her out, she is "blackmailing" you for something she wants... or you need to please her more and do little sweet things for her instead of trying to get to the point. A woman will always do everything if she is pleased before :)

Armadillos 1
Aimskool 10

naw the government has nothing to do with it lol

If your wife hasn't been in the mood lately trying to have sex again isn't romantic. Most likely there's a forgotten promise, or not enough romantic attention or some other issue. Ask her if anything has been bugging her lately and if you can help. From your post I'm guessing you've most likely been romantically neglectful......take her out for a nice meal, just the two of you, surprise her with flowers or some small appropriate gift and do an activity during a week or so. This will probably solve your problems. *TMI from here on* Also nearly 25% of women have issues orgasming during sex, so she might not be getting as much out of sex as you are. If she normally fakes her ******, she might be putting in a lot of effort, and you get a lot of benefit, but she doesn't get so much so maybe offer oral or something so she gets as much, or more out of it than you do, let it be about her for a change. Also might be tmi, but high stress absolutely KILLS my libido, during finals etc. I'm not even interested in making out, if I were to have a boyfriend at the time I'd make an attempt, but I won't be getting all that much out of it, and lets put it this way, if we were to have sex, it's uncomfortable to painful for me, boring and it's sticky, I have to clean up afterwards, I get no pleasure out of it whatsoever, and I have to participate and try not to look bored. Not exactly 'romantic', especially considering he'd probably fall asleep in my sticky bed while I went to shower, and then I'd come back and have a gross bed to sleep in........It's fine when you're getting an ****** or some pleasure out of it, but when you're not, it's a rather thankless chore. ROMANCE!!! tl;dr: SEX DOES NOT EQUAL ROMANCE, MAKING HER HOT CHOCOLATE WITH MARSHMALLOWS, ORDERING HER FAVOURITE TAKEOUT AND CLEANING UP AFTERWARDS IS ROMANTIC.

What a pickle... I think I would want my future husband coming onto me every night, I hope you both figured something out!