By sadfantasy - 31/03/2016 06:00 - Canada - Toronto

Spicy
Today, the mentally-challenged teen who sometimes comes into my restaurant gave me a hug as usual. I thought it was sweet, until a coworker let me know he immediately goes and jacks off in the bathroom after. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 994
You deserved it 1 633

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because someones mentally challenged doesn't mean this type of behavior should be allowed. I can't believe the amount of comments that think this is fine. What if he decides to do something more disgusting or extreme?

Comments

Does he have a guardian you can speak with? Jacking off in a restaurant (or any public place) is totally unacceptable

Agreed- as someone who has a family member that is mentally challenged, this is something that should be brought to the attention of their parent so that they can correspond with the kids educators or behavioral aides and work to curb those habits.

Don't let him get away with it, mental retardation is not an excuse for that kind of behavior.

Well if your coworker isn't just messing with you... at least the guy is doing it in the bathroom. Lol ? still gross

Mortoli 30

i was just thinking this. what if coworker was just messing with op. before believin this coworker, should ask for evidence or try to find out on own for example next few times he hugs you if he immediately goes to bathroom after go ahead and mention to parents, but if not certain, ask another male coworker for help. shouldnt believe everything that is said to you without proof. just sayin their is no excuse for it. but without bein certain, no reason to judge too soon. gl op... oh and for proof all you need is an audio file no reason to shun me thinkin im thinkin of a pic lol.

Haha! Zing. I understand that in reality it would be important to maintain political correctness.. But, the situation is funny!- And its on FML. No one else reads these for a laugh?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

So because someone could be behind or lack social skills it's an excuse to jerk off in public? We don't know how severe his handicap is. By going into the bathroom he demonstrates that on some level he knows it's bad behavior, which means if he got called out he would probably stop. That, or whenever the person comes in OP can make sure not to be around the guy.

It. Is. Not. Public. Masturbation. If it's done and a place that could be even roughly considered private then it just isn't. A bathroom stall is considered private. It's not right but everyone yelling public masturbation need to learn the difference.

They should be taught acceptable behaviors. Their disability makes it more understandable when they do something unacceptable, but it doesn't excuse it.

thenetflox 4

It's in a public bathroom therefore PUBLIC MASTURBATION, plus it is disgusting because I'd feel better peeing knowing that some woman didn't just previously ********** all over the seat

Kinda sounds like you're defending public masturbation. Just saying

Mentally challenged means he doesn't know better. Find his guardian and keep him out unless he buys food. Just cause their mind less developed doesn't mean they aren't pumped full of hormones . I would also give the mentally challenged kid a high five, not a hug, mostly if you have boobs so he doesn't get too excited

MikaykayUnicorn 36

I misread your comment, please bury me because I'm a ******* idiot.

He very well could know better, which is why he's doing it in the bathroom stall (so no one can see). Many have the mind of a child and just like children they need to be reprimanded for their actions or they will never grow. I understand that there's only so much he can grow mentally due but if he can't learn he shouldn't be allowed back.

It means he doesn't know better so we don't blame him for it but it doesn't mean we never require him to learn anything. Contacting his guardian is the right response. Giving only a high-five in future is also good advice. His behavior is not acceptable and these are good steps to take about it.

I don't think a high-five is the best thing to do after knowing what the kid does in the bathroom.

at least you get hugged before and not after...

this is definitely a problem. there was a person like this that went to high school with me. his parents abused drugs during pregnancy and he had mental issues. he used to ********** in class and it became a big issue since he wouldn't stop. fast forward 5 years, he is in a mental hospital after breaking in to a house and sexually assaulting a minor because he quit taking his medication

There is a huge difference between public masturbation and doing it in a public private area. The fact he is going to a private place is a good sign he understands that it's something to do when alone but he also needs to be taught that it's still unacceptable.

Someone with experience around disabled kids should let him know that behavior isn't appropriate, it's quite possible he just doesn't know any better

You sure your co-worker isn't being a dick? Still... even if it is true, someone needs to explain to him that that isn't right. And if it bothers you that much, just tell him and his guardian that they aren't allowed anymore.