By 3,500 down - 07/05/2016 08:00 - United States - Altus

Today, my train departed over 10 minutes early. It was the last train of the day. I missed my transatlantic flight and along with it the vacation and concert I'd spent over a year saving for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 563
You deserved it 2 718

Same thing different taste

Top comments

justcommenting19 19

No taxis, or other methods of transport? I seriously think you should've had a back up since we all know how unreliable buses can be sometimes... Really sorry OP.

Could you have gotten a lift from a mate or parents or anything? I'm sure you could've found another way there

Comments

chessu 21

As much as this sucks and I feel for you, I think you sort of deserved it. I travel a lot and often during stupid times (e.g. I need to leave the house at 3am). I would ALWAYS get the next to last bus I need to get, just in case. I understand that you might live in an area where buses come in longer intervals, in which case, I would just in case get there at least 20 minutes early. Yeah, they're not supposed to leave early, but sometimes they do, and if you've got such and important journey to make, I don't really understand how you could risk getting there with only minutes to spare.

it really was bad luck indeed . but for a trip like this it is more important to go about half an hour earlier

bass_ftp 12

That's why you don't count on a LAST train of a day when going on a transatlantic trip.

Noah98 20

You should not have gotten there within ten minutes of the departure time anyway OP, always be there somewhat early.

peterblack67 9

I'm not sure i would have planned things quite that way. I always make sure I have another plan.