By 3,500 down - 07/05/2016 08:00 - United States - Altus

Today, my train departed over 10 minutes early. It was the last train of the day. I missed my transatlantic flight and along with it the vacation and concert I'd spent over a year saving for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 561
You deserved it 2 718

Same thing different taste

Top comments

justcommenting19 19

No taxis, or other methods of transport? I seriously think you should've had a back up since we all know how unreliable buses can be sometimes... Really sorry OP.

Could you have gotten a lift from a mate or parents or anything? I'm sure you could've found another way there

Comments

That sucks OP, maybe see if you can refund the flight/concert? It's definitely worth a shot.

zeffra13 31

Don't trust trains. One of my friends missed their return transatlantic flight because their train stopped on the tracks for over an hour. There wasn't another flight through that airline for a couple days so she ended up being fired for missing work (& she did notify them as soon as she missed the flight). Another time a couple friends were on a train home from school that got stopped for 3 hours because someone committed suicide on the tracks.

This is why you pay for Travel Insurance.

You can never trust public transport, sorry OP but I think you had to learn a hard lesson this time. Like if you spent so much money why weren't you early?

i have never had so much sympathy for someone before? sorry bout that OP

Are you asking yourself a question?

DeadxManxWalking 27

should've been there at least 45 min to an hour early in case this happened

This is why you always arrive early.

Being that it is do important, you should've been there early. And you should sue the train company for leaving earlier than the set time.

Their ToS may disclaim liability, but that doesn't mean they can do things like this unpunished. What they claim in their ToS and what their actual duties/responsibilities are, are not necessarily the same thing. Companies have items in their ToS they aren't actually allowed in there all the time, just to cover their asses. Most people barely read it.

fotomiep 7

Honestly, it's a bit of a YDI to me. For something that big /expensive/important I wouldn't gamble on the last train of the day, simply because there's no room for error.