By 3,500 down - 07/05/2016 08:00 - United States - Altus

Today, my train departed over 10 minutes early. It was the last train of the day. I missed my transatlantic flight and along with it the vacation and concert I'd spent over a year saving for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 563
You deserved it 2 718

Same thing different taste

Top comments

justcommenting19 19

No taxis, or other methods of transport? I seriously think you should've had a back up since we all know how unreliable buses can be sometimes... Really sorry OP.

Could you have gotten a lift from a mate or parents or anything? I'm sure you could've found another way there

Comments

Who shows up ten minutes early to a train ride that important???

You would think that if it this trip was so important to you, you would have left earlier? If you're not 10 minutes early you're 5 minutes late.

missalyssaxo 16

I'm sorry this happened to you. If it happened to me I'd go ballistic. Again, I'm sorry, shit just happens. :(

On such an important day, you couldn't arrive at least 10 minutes early?

Omg I think I almost cried ? that's horrible ?

blackrose1996 11

Ask a friend to bring you

joljenni 6

I'm sorry but...a Non refundable trans Atlantic flight, concert, and a vacation you've been saving for for over a year? Why The F weren't you there earlier!? If it meant that much to you you'd be there way earlier so as to avoid being late. ALWAYS show up an hour to three hours early for any major travel events. Yes you'll wait around most likely but it's worth not losing hundreds of dollars over a 10 min train.

joljenni 6

I disagree. I live in the middle of nowhere and that is a motivator to arrive extra early. In the city if someone misses a train or cab they can get the next one. I can't. You bet your butt I'm getting there early to guarantee I am on that train. It 100% was the OP's fault.

If it was that important it seems like you would have been early for your bus.

Mortoli 30

he/she most likely had another means just they didnt make it in time to airport. shit happens.