By Shianna - 28/05/2012 22:00 - United States - Holden

Today, my son was fired from his new job, which was going to support us since I recently lost mine. His excuse was, "Conflict of interest." He was a mascot for a fast-food restaurant and refused to dance around. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 059
You deserved it 13 665

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You were going to support your family off of your son's job?

It's terrible having to ask a child to get a job to support his parents. It's worse still asking him to do something humiliating like that. Try to have some understanding, and next time have him get a better job. Like a stripper.

Comments

Why don't you get off FML and get a job.

add_shineythings 2

I don't understand why so many of the comments are in the fashion of telling the OP to get off FML and get a job. It takes two seconds to post on FML. The OP didn't say how old the son was, what their history is, or anything other that would allow you to pass judgement. The economy is a bitch. It's a hell of a lot easier to say "go get off your ass and get a job" than it is to get off your ass and get a job. Even if the son is just 16, he has a responsibility to his family and if he's capable of working and has a place that wants to employ him then he should work.

In what world should the child be responsible for earning the money for the parent? Maybe in some third world country, but not in the civilized world. Get a clue.

add_shineythings 2

Get a clue? How about this: The economy is very rough out there. They are reporting that unemployment rates are going down, but that's because many people have just given up hope for a job. If the OP has a degree and she has mainly office-type work on her resume, then fast food joints are unlikely to hire her because she's over qualified. I didn't say it was ideal for a teen to be working and contributing to his family, but we're not living in an ideal economy so unfortunately it happens. Everyone in a family has a responsibility to the family; whether they are 6 and it's making their bed, or they are 16 and it's providing a little bit of income to help with the budget.

ReaperUSMC11 5

Tell him to enlist in the US Marine Corps

Okay... Why is everyone assuming OP's son is a teenager? He could well be an adult, in which case, if he's living at home with his parent(s), then yeah, he should be pulling his weight too. "Regardless of the age, you're the parent, he's the child". Yeah, if he's an adult, that becomes "you're the parent and your son's a f**king mooch and needs to get his a** up and get a d**ned job!" Even if he's a teenager, things are hard out there, the mother recently (not three years and change ago) lost a job. Sometimes you have to trade dignity for the luxury of having food and a roof over your head. Since his was going to be a major source, if not the only source of income until the OP found another job, his immaturity pretty much screwed them over. Let's see him get laid when he's living in a bus stop shelter and doing his grocery shopping at soup kitchens and the dumpster behind Safeway.

Way to be the man of the house and a responsible adult. You're a bad example for him. Step up and be a man.

I have two jobs working 76 hours a week supporting my family. I applied at both and the next day I was hired. No excuse why you should have your son dancing around like a idiot to support your family.

And you thought a minimum wage job as a fast food mascot would support your whole family, how?

Mowampa 1

I don't know who is more lazy. The son for losing such an easy job or his mother for expecting her son to support the family after she lost her job.

So your living off your son..? You're the mother if he want to quit let him he's not responsible for paying the bills.

MissAntebellum 5

im tires of the people saying theirs not any jobs there is too theres plently of them people just choose to pretend like its so hard to get one to make gheir lazy as* feel better