By Shianna - 28/05/2012 22:00 - United States - Holden

Today, my son was fired from his new job, which was going to support us since I recently lost mine. His excuse was, "Conflict of interest." He was a mascot for a fast-food restaurant and refused to dance around. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 059
You deserved it 13 665

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You were going to support your family off of your son's job?

It's terrible having to ask a child to get a job to support his parents. It's worse still asking him to do something humiliating like that. Try to have some understanding, and next time have him get a better job. Like a stripper.

Comments

thatoneguy79 10

Assumption 1: Son is old over 18 and a responsible party I this household. Assumption 2: OP recently lost her job and is looking for another. Using the above two assumptions, or interpretations, this FML makes sense to me. Being an adult, the son is responsible for his share of household expenses. Since Mom just lost her job and is still looking, the family may have been relying on the son's income to hold over until OP could find a job. Now they are without any earned income, making things that much more difficult. This situation I can understand. I do imagine that Sonny would have an inclination of the job when he applied for it; after all, it was a job as a mascot. Few mascots that I am aware of get paid to stand around and do nothing all day. OP: keep your heap up; I'm sure something will come along. Hopefully before you run out of rent money. How are you on he phone? They say Maine is the call center capital of New England.

Ninjasaurus18 9

Why did you lose your job in the first place? If you were layed off due to company problems, he shouldn't have done that while you look for a new job. If you were fired for being a poor emloyee, YDI.

Well don't you have any savings to tide you over while you look for a job? And like others said, there's now an opening for you in the dancing mascot position. Good luck getting that job!

What an idiot, did he even know what's mascot is? I mean it doesn't take a genius to know what requirements you need to be a mascot lol

koolkat27 13

Stop living off your son's job. If he's the one supporting the family, you need to get your own job.

i would kill to dance in a mascot suit for a job

thatoneguy79 10

109 - Did you kill a man in Reno just to watch him die? And take over his job as a dancing mascot.

Maybe you should get a job then and stop expecting your son to support you. People like you are what's wrong with America!

Yeah, sorry but YDI for expecting your son to support you. I realize you've supported him your whole life, but that's how it works when you have a kid. I'll admit he's an idiot for getting fired from such an easy job for an asinine reason, but that doesn't mean he should support you. A good parent would go out and try to find another job even after losing one. Plus, finding jobs is even harder for younger generations these days because they don't have any experience. And what about all these college graduates who are thousands of dollars in debt with no way to pay it off? Go find another job and stop mooching off your kid.

# 114 - Think about what you say before you say it. Maybe OP was LOOKING for a job while her son was supporting her in the meantime, until OP could find a job. Grow a brain.

Can you get unemployment OP? I can't see where you're from on my phone but usually there's a waiting period depending on how you lost your job. Your son can't get unemployment tho just in case he tries.

GarretE 2

Why the hell are u depending on your son?? The FML should read my mom now depends on me to support the family. FML.