By evilmuffinlord - 18/06/2013 06:34 - United States - Houston

Today, my parents took my iPad back to the store and exchanged it for two cheap knock off tablets. Reason being my little brother threatened to run away because I had one and he didn't. I bought the iPad on my own after graduation. They kept the difference in price. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 388
You deserved it 3 980

evilmuffinlord tells us more.

evilmuffinlord 14

hello! OP here. Originally, I was very upset, I hadn't been home when it happened and when I came back I found out. I have since talked to my parents, and found out my mom was the one who did it, but she put the extra money back into my bank account. I do live with my parents until I go off to college. The Ipad was an overzealous purchase, and after messing with the tablet its not so bad. As for my brother, my dad sat him down and talked to him about how it was wrong to do that and he needs to earn stuff, etc etc etc. And his tablet will be returned. So I guess in a sense everything is ok now. xD I wasnt expecting to have this accepted, I didn't even have an account till this morning.

Top comments

Why did you let your parents take it? I wouldn't have given it up without a fight.

saIty 17

Your brother is bluffing. He would come back if he ran away. They always come back.

Comments

demonwolfmaster 26

Taking from experience do no call the cops on them, take them to small claims court and have your pop you will win no problem.

flashback_fml 14

If i paid for it myself they'd lose a hand for stealing it

That is bullshit! ******* spoilt brat! What right do they have returning your stuff that you paid for yourself.

You bought it therefore its yours and there are no rights for them to take it and return it for that matter...I don't think you'll get the same back if you take the other to tablets back and buy another iPad but your brother has no stand on this...

jman26 11

If either one of your parents have expensive cars, take it and trade it in for a used toyota. Then you'll be even

Your parents need to **** off honestly

Seriously? You spent your graduation money on an iPad?

no, OP bought it with her own money. what is this "graduation money" youre talking about?

m_n_m2000 5

If my parents ever did that to something of mine (that was as expensive as an ipad) I would have taken that to court. That's over $500 out of your pocket, not there's. I don't know about you but I worked hard even in high school for every thing I had, my car was worth less than 500 but it worked... I would have sued them for every penny they took from me.

but to give up once you know what has happened? id fight that shit