By evilmuffinlord - 18/06/2013 06:34 - United States - Houston

Today, my parents took my iPad back to the store and exchanged it for two cheap knock off tablets. Reason being my little brother threatened to run away because I had one and he didn't. I bought the iPad on my own after graduation. They kept the difference in price. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 388
You deserved it 3 980

evilmuffinlord tells us more.

evilmuffinlord 14

hello! OP here. Originally, I was very upset, I hadn't been home when it happened and when I came back I found out. I have since talked to my parents, and found out my mom was the one who did it, but she put the extra money back into my bank account. I do live with my parents until I go off to college. The Ipad was an overzealous purchase, and after messing with the tablet its not so bad. As for my brother, my dad sat him down and talked to him about how it was wrong to do that and he needs to earn stuff, etc etc etc. And his tablet will be returned. So I guess in a sense everything is ok now. xD I wasnt expecting to have this accepted, I didn't even have an account till this morning.

Top comments

Why did you let your parents take it? I wouldn't have given it up without a fight.

saIty 17

Your brother is bluffing. He would come back if he ran away. They always come back.

Comments

This is the problem with our society parents like yours who grant their bratty little kids every wish!! So they grow up to become lazy entitled douche bags!! They should really pay you back btw!!!

File a theft report and have your parents proscuted for theft and trafficing in stolen goods.

billtheripper 1

i know how you feel. when i was in hs i borrowed a friends Nintendo DS, and it got stolen. So i saved up and bought a brand new DS Lite to replace it. my mom gave it to my little brother and as compensation offered to give me half the price of a used DS Lite for my friend. which i had to agree to because i didn't have enough money for another new one.

thejimler 9

Why the **** would she take something that you saved up for and technically owned, intended to be a gift for your friend as compensation for you losing the original, and give it to your little brother? I was feeling sorry for you, until you mentioned that you were stupid enough to agree to the terms of her 'compromise'. If you had any self-respect as a kid you would have told her where she could shove her compromise, taken back the DS from your brother and given it to your friend.

kidsgotastinky 11

YDI. If you're still living with your parents, you should think before you buy. Especially with a younger brother.

Wait, so you think that OP should not have bought something with his OWN money because his brother might be jealous? My mother would have slapped my brother so hard if he threatened to run away over such a thing. It is one thing if his mother bought him that, but if you buy it with money you've worked hard for it's yours to keep.

#190 is a moron. No one should have to worry that someone's going to take away something they worked for because their little brother wants one too. The parents overstepped their bounds here.

What a little brat. He's only gonna get worse now that he knows he can get whatever he wants.

Unless it was a particularly bad brand, shut the **** up. YDI for buying an Apple product in the first place and wasting so much money on a logo.

If you're 18, your parents should receive a lawsuit to the pocketbook. That shit does not fly (mostly because turds don't have wings, but you get the picture)