By evilmuffinlord - 18/06/2013 06:34 - United States - Houston

Today, my parents took my iPad back to the store and exchanged it for two cheap knock off tablets. Reason being my little brother threatened to run away because I had one and he didn't. I bought the iPad on my own after graduation. They kept the difference in price. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 388
You deserved it 3 980

evilmuffinlord tells us more.

evilmuffinlord 14

hello! OP here. Originally, I was very upset, I hadn't been home when it happened and when I came back I found out. I have since talked to my parents, and found out my mom was the one who did it, but she put the extra money back into my bank account. I do live with my parents until I go off to college. The Ipad was an overzealous purchase, and after messing with the tablet its not so bad. As for my brother, my dad sat him down and talked to him about how it was wrong to do that and he needs to earn stuff, etc etc etc. And his tablet will be returned. So I guess in a sense everything is ok now. xD I wasnt expecting to have this accepted, I didn't even have an account till this morning.

Top comments

Why did you let your parents take it? I wouldn't have given it up without a fight.

saIty 17

Your brother is bluffing. He would come back if he ran away. They always come back.

Comments

thats stealing if u bought it its ur property and he can cry and run away if he ran away he wouldn't have one that's stupidly messed they should have just bought him one or better yet ground him for being an ungrateful brat

What_the_hell70 0

I would so retaliate. Take something valuable from your parents and pawn it. Get your iPad back. Or call the cops and report a theft...**** them...

Chaith 16

OP's name should be more like, "Soontobeorphan".

That's theft... Even if they are your parents, they have no right to do what they want with YOUR property.

LegendofZelda88 8

id be calling the police on my parents. then beating my little brother's ass for acting like a little bitch and creating this whole situation.

The sole reason why all of us have to deal with 5-year-olds in a 50-year-old's body on a daily basis. Mommy and daddy were incapable of doing their job as parents and give them some limits as kids.

ipads are overrated anyway. regardless, your parents are dicks

rob02 19

**** that, I would have told them to **** right off if they think they are selling something I bought.

Take something of equal value from your parents and exchange it! (keep the differance if there is one, you deserve it for having a-holes as parents.)

How can she control whether her parents are assholes or not? You are an idiot.

That doesn't make any sense. It's not like OP asked or told their parents to be like that toward them. OP didn't deserve that. You're an idiot.

ironik69 31

Don't worry 43, I actually understood your comment. The two who replied before me, did not.

"Keep the difference if there is one, you deserve it..." It = "the difference" in price of the item suggested to be taken from parents. I think #43 is saying OP deserves to keep the difference in price, not that OP deserves having shitty parents.

etsun23 4

I think the person meant that she deserved the difference, not that she deserved what happened...

I think they meant that they deserve to keep the change...

Sorry, I misunderstood what the person meant. It makes sense now.

Seriously what is wrong with some parents? I would report it stolen and show the receipt and have my parents arrested. That is grand theft because its over $500.