By evilmuffinlord - 18/06/2013 06:34 - United States - Houston

Today, my parents took my iPad back to the store and exchanged it for two cheap knock off tablets. Reason being my little brother threatened to run away because I had one and he didn't. I bought the iPad on my own after graduation. They kept the difference in price. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 388
You deserved it 3 980

evilmuffinlord tells us more.

evilmuffinlord 14

hello! OP here. Originally, I was very upset, I hadn't been home when it happened and when I came back I found out. I have since talked to my parents, and found out my mom was the one who did it, but she put the extra money back into my bank account. I do live with my parents until I go off to college. The Ipad was an overzealous purchase, and after messing with the tablet its not so bad. As for my brother, my dad sat him down and talked to him about how it was wrong to do that and he needs to earn stuff, etc etc etc. And his tablet will be returned. So I guess in a sense everything is ok now. xD I wasnt expecting to have this accepted, I didn't even have an account till this morning.

Top comments

Why did you let your parents take it? I wouldn't have given it up without a fight.

saIty 17

Your brother is bluffing. He would come back if he ran away. They always come back.

Comments

There is nothing in the world that makes it ok for anyone to return something you bought with your own money and do what they did here. I'm the parent of a teenager and would never have considered taking away something that she worked to pay for. Your mother owes you another iPad.

if you bought it dont give it back just let your brother realize he can't survive alone and come back within a hour or so

I would think you're old enough to understand that what they did legally constitutes as theft! If you paid for it with your own money you need to man up, tell them to replace your iPad or give you the money it was worth or you'll file a report with the police. I know they're your family but don't let someone disrespect you like that because if you do, it will never end! Stand your ground! They stole from you!

That's bad parenting right there. He'll never learn discipline and manners if they always just let him have his way like that.

I agree with filing a police report...it's theft any way you look @ it...just wondering though....did they have the receipt somehow or did you buy it @ Walmart where people take back stuff that doesn't belong to them or they didn't buy there to begin with?

toxic_venom 4

You should break your little brothers that way you still have what he doesnt

Your brother is a spoiled brat and your parents are his servants it seems.