By BasicallySodaFlavoredWater - 14/12/2015 00:15 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my parents decided that the best way to save money was to dilute everything we drank with water. Only one more year of watered down soda and juice to go. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 073
You deserved it 2 381

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you should just stick with water and not have watered down anything. Why torture yourself? Water is great on it's own. Unless you hate water...

why spend the money on soda and juice in the first place, why not stick with water if it'll taste like it anyway?

Comments

I know that parents not always listen to their kids, but tjink of some other eay to ssave money, maybe they'll stop doing that with the soda.

Walk to work don't drive you'll save a fortune in gas

Other "won't really help much but makes life miserable" cost saving suggestions: Just wear one sock at a time. Saves on laundry costs, and sock wear and tear. Only wash dishes after they've been used twice. Use ice cubes when they're only half frozen. Seriously, insulating your windows will save more money. Switching to generic food. Eating vegetarian once a week. Giving up soda except on weekends. There are so many better ways.

I've had watered down water before. It's not that great tasting but you'll get used to it after a while.

atomicxsarah 17

This just sounds stupid. Why not just drink plain water then instead of gross watered down crap. I would hate living with your parents. FYL.

He can choose not to drink the watered down junk.

rldostie 19

Why not just drink water? And consider yourself lucky--if I were in financial constraints, I'd just tell my kid they're getting water. Who needs to spend the extra money on juice and soda? At least they're trying.

Watered down anything generally tastes worse than just water (unless you have city water or something). And besides, water is the best thing for you to drink. No point having the unhealthiness of soda without the good taste.

Since when was juice and soda a necessity anyway? as money saving goes not having it is a fairly obvious one. depends whether or not they're already doing everything else they can.

Get a job and help out? Unless that's not an option or you already have a job, you could always chose water flavoring packets instead of juice

My grandmother use to do this. When I was younger I hated ketchup cause ours was runny.