By WhatTheFaf - 01/09/2011 14:40 - United Kingdom

Today, my mum yelled at me for wanting to apply to university courses that she doesn't approve of. I'm applying for Biomedical Sciences and Microbiology, she's an unemployed Jehovah's Witness. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 023
You deserved it 2 965

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmScrubs 19

And when she is asked what she does in her adult life, she will respond saying, "I walk around to people's houses and annoy people."

Start knocking on doors and see what other people think of your class choices.

Comments

howd you get that? when i re-arranged them i got kwmth sestor boek.

Alexisthebestest 16

They don't fall for that shit. I had a JW come to my house a year ago & I listened to her beliefs just to be polite. She comes to my house every ******* month now. Shit, she even knows my name.

Next time look who's there and if its her don't answer the door

Alexisthebestest 16

Well you have a group of JW come to your house & then you'll understand. They will pretty much camp out & wait for you to answer the door. Yes, I've told them I don't share their beliefs but they just won't give up. They have to much free time on their hands.

@iknoweveryhing jws actually can socialize with whomever they want, their humans just like every one else in this world.

Cylon6 3

It's actually quite looked down upon to be friends with anyone that is not a JW.

limited conversation with those of the "outside world" to look for opportunities to convert them does not equate to having the freedom to socialize with everyone as you please.

Ummm not exactly true have you ever been counseled by the elders . Not the best situation when your not up to "their" standards. because I really feel like hearing that "non witnesses don't have my interests in mind." Not

My big brother is going to be studying Biomedical Sciences in University. Just thought I'd say that. He's an Athiest as well. And you're Mum should be proud of what you're doing! Stupid religious woman...

Cylon6 3

JWs, generally speaking, do not approve of going to college. Going to college allows one to think for themselves instead of being brainwashed by a cult. jwfacts.net is a good place to start...

looks like its .org not .net for that site

abimickeyg 0

I promise that's not a good place to start. That's a bunch of hate speech on witnesses. The only reason most witnesses don't goto college is because they're taught that life has better things to offer than getting a high paying job and being a giant ass your whole life.

poemqueen 15

That's not even close to the truth! There's a ton of witnesses that go to collage if they can afford it. I have plans of going to collage and take classes in journalism. That doesn't go against our religious beliefs. Now if I was to go and take a class to become something that goes against our beliefs. Say someone that specializes in blood transfusions then yes that wouldn't be allow

RainbowHeadache 2

^ Learning about or having a job that saves someone else's life is against your beliefs? :0 It is spelled college btw.

or because the world is going to end and there is no point in cultivating a life now...that's why my JW parents don't keep a job. or because it interferes with preaching time.

CMichael 0

I believe it's called not being a low-life and living a successful life so your spouse and/or children can live happy lives and be supported by a person with a strong work ethic and a no-bullshit attitude.

Cylon6 3

Thanks for the website correction, my bad.

perdix 29

Since you "believe in" science so much, you ought to sign up for Scientology. I'm sure the JWs will be good with that -- they're a tolerant breed.

You know Scientology is considered a religion right? And that it isn't synonymous with Science? I am ashamed to call you a fellow human being.

tylenol123 0
sublime420 11

perdix is pretty hit-and-miss. A lot of miss, really. I'm no big fan of DocBastard either.

perdix 29

Does anyone understand sarcasm?

You're the one who used the wording "believe in science." That was not the OP's words.