By WhatTheFaf - 01/09/2011 14:40 - United Kingdom

Today, my mum yelled at me for wanting to apply to university courses that she doesn't approve of. I'm applying for Biomedical Sciences and Microbiology, she's an unemployed Jehovah's Witness. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 023
You deserved it 2 965

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmScrubs 19

And when she is asked what she does in her adult life, she will respond saying, "I walk around to people's houses and annoy people."

Start knocking on doors and see what other people think of your class choices.

Comments

DawnMarie11 0

I have been to many meetings my parents are jw's we talk everyday ( even though I'm what they call disfellowshipped) so who ever says that going to their meetings will turn you Into one is ignorant, their religion is their choice and my decision to not being one Is my choice. I have been to college which they paid for so wrong again there people. Stupidity is just annoying.

DawnMarie11 0

Wow. It is surprising how STUPID people can sound when they don't know anything about a subject.

tell her you respect her point of view but are living your life how you want to. Give her a hug and tell her you love her. Then take your classes.

those people are so annoying ; when they come to my house my famiy runs nd hides

sublime420 11

I barely read the FML. As soon as i saw religion was involved, I knew the comments would be 1000x more interesting.

It has nothing to do with religion. My parents are jehovahs witnesses and they supported my dicission to go to college. Most JWs dont believe in going to college, but not all r like that.

And people need to stop saying shit about them because it is really disrespectful

burningsquirrel 0

Well, what will those studies do for you when this humanity comes to an end? I think she's only trying to look out for you & the relationship you have with Jehovah.

OP should tell her mom to go **** herself :l

devourerofbooks 10

Yeah that's the down side of that. They don't believe in college. My Dad's side is Jehovah's witnesses. My married cousin still soley relies on my aunt and uncle. Thy were surprised when my mom told them I'm completely independent. Sorry but just go for it.

You do what you want to do she'll get over it eventually. JW are not all that bad as people make them seem. I know several l raised in it but choose not to stay with it and I still can talk with my family they got over it. Like all other religions they do have some problems