What what, in the butt?

By Anonymous - 19/06/2022 02:00

Spicy
Today, our stupid pediatrician gave an anal suppository for our toddler's consistent tummy ache. She is NEVER constipated and passes stools regularly twice a day. Guess who had to hold down a 3-year-old and put in the medicine - which did not help with the tummy ache. I can't live with myself now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 110
You deserved it 357

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jon Tessler 14

that is how most very young children get medicine. it is because there is less of a danger than having them try to swallow a pill and choking.

Jon Tessler 14

that is how they give medication to very young children. a 3 year old can choke to death on an oral medication.

Comments

tokeup6969 4

You are an ass, stand up for yourself and your poor child. The pediatrician did not make you do anything. YOU should have said NO.

Jon Tessler 14

that is how they give medication to very young children. a 3 year old can choke to death on an oral medication.

My guesses are: 1) Pim Jhardashian 2) PJ 3) Megan Markle I love these guessing games! I hope I win. Also, tell the stupid pediatrician to shove it up their ass!

What's wrong with good ole pepto? Never heard of going in the back door, that's a long ways up stream to do much good for the stomach.

Jon Tessler 14

a 3 year olds tummy ache, doesn't necessarily mean the problem is "in the stomach".

Jon Tessler 14

that is how most very young children get medicine. it is because there is less of a danger than having them try to swallow a pill and choking.

Jimbob271 6

So you've never heard of liquid medication? This is a 3 year old, they better be able to swallow liquids, if not, they have bigger problems than just a tummy ache.

i had to do this for my kid too. lots of vaseline

McCheese09 11

lol toddlers are strong af too when they need to be.

Something to think about/remember is that small children do not have a large vocabulary generally/usually don't have a lot of experience feeling negative feelings, so if they're depressed or sad or anxious it might come off to them/be described by them as a tummy ache even though its emotional so keep an eye on her moods too because small children do have these feelings but don't always know how to vocalize it.