By Snow - 26/12/2009 21:45 - United States

Today, my mother informed me that I am not allowed to drive in snow. I live in Minnesota. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 332
You deserved it 2 954

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How old are you? If you arent an experienced driver, I agree with your mom, stay off the roads.

When you learn to spell we'll talk about stupidity.

Comments

Those of us who grew up elsewhere have a saying to describe the driving of native Minnesotans (who are largely Norwegian and Swedish): "Scandinavians and roads don't mix" (often augmented by "this is why Volvo is known for safety features"). You could put a drunk Stevie Wonder behind the wheel of a car and he'd drive better than them. They're that bad. Therefore, I'm just going to assume that this girl was barred from driving because she actually knows how to drive.

GFLiE 0

They don't call it Minnesnowta for nothing.

RaWrminny1233446 0

haha that suks for u. saftey first i guess. but dont worry, we only have about three or four more months left of snow.

it never says the person is female you idiots

Epic fail. You might want to learn to read before calling other people idiots. It states quite clearly that the OP is a woman.

She didn't say you couldn't drive ON snow. Just don't go in it. It might seem like semantics, but that's your mom's fault for not being specific.

perdix 29

I hope you have fun for that week in July! Move to Texas -- you'll get to drive every single day! Even that one day every few years where it snows, you will be able to drive because your mom will be stuck in Minnesota! Hahahaha!

Hah we get an inch of snow here in Texas and they close all the schools and there's a million wrecks on the freeway! But that only happens once every few years, so it's not bad.

perdix 29

A couple of weeks ago, we had light flurries here in Houston and they let us go home from work at noon. On the news that night, the wrecker drivers were pissed off because the snow was so light and didn't stick that there weren't enough accidents for them to rake in the big $$$.

Yah, I also live in Houston and we got out of school early, even though the snow didn't last long. Wrecker drivers are just ridiculous, praying off of people's misfortune.