By Snow - 26/12/2009 21:45 - United States

Today, my mother informed me that I am not allowed to drive in snow. I live in Minnesota. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 331
You deserved it 2 954

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How old are you? If you arent an experienced driver, I agree with your mom, stay off the roads.

When you learn to spell we'll talk about stupidity.

Comments

Either you recently got in a wreck (on ice), or you just started driving. That's the only way this would be a new rule to you and either way your mom is justified. Not an FML, maybe YDI.

What's a camper? A tent? No wait, it's like a mobile home, right? Sorry, brain-fart.

I'm an experienced driver and I still hate driving in the snow. I hate putting on chains. I hate driving with chains. I'd listen to your mom this time.

Why not good ol' winter tires? But I agree, I hate driving in the snow. It's not so much me as the other idiots on the road who still drive the speed limit when the road conditions are horrific.

I do have winter tires, but I live in a National Park and sometimes the chain restriction requires chains on winter tires at times.

lololhaha @ you. I live in MN too. This really sucks esp. if you live in anyplace but the cities. Buy yourself a truck with a plow and go from there. In a state where there's snow 6 months out of the year... well. F your life. Yep, you betcha. Oh yeah... I bet your mother is the type of driver I get stuck behind going 20 in 45. When there's no snow on the road. If she's that type, F your life times a million.

it takes time to get good at driving on snow.. im a relatively good driver but ive found myself on sidewalks before when shit gets icy with a 2wheel drive. I've been rear-ended 5 times by girls driving in the snow, so clearly she knows what she is doing not letting you drive right away. just go to a parking lot and practice losing and regaining control, drifting, spinning out, and stopping in icy conditions so that when you actually try to stop at a red light you are not plowing through the person who knows how to stop.

April-August is warm, late September- through early April is cold. But I guess it depends on where you live in the state.

npk88 0

ok I'm sorry...but I was assuming you were from another country when I read this....but then I saw your profile and it says you are from Washington state. Epic fail for not knowing if Minnesota was "hot or cold"

Woops, I don't live in Washington! I live in Minnesota! ;DDD

I understand that your parents are worried... but they aren't doing you any favors. Assuming this is your first winter as a driver... they should at least take you out and teach you how to drive in icy conditions. I am also from a city that gets snow 6 months out of the year. Before I even got my license, my father took me to an empty, snow covered lot and taught me how to do donuts. It's the best way to learn how to control your vehicle, IMO. Remember the saying... People normally say "Oh Shit!" when sliding off the road into a snowy ditch. People from Minnesota** say "hold my beer and watch this!" **or any other location that gets a lot of snow

I live in Minnesota, and we really don't get that much snow, infact this winter was the most snow we got in years. Plus they are making it sound like we get snow year round, we only get snow in winter.

Yeah, winter - which begins in November and ends oftentimes in mid-april.

sendboot2 4
DBkkk 0

I bet u alota of ppl won't get this because they don't know that minnesota has alot of snow