By Snow - 26/12/2009 21:45 - United States

Today, my mother informed me that I am not allowed to drive in snow. I live in Minnesota. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 332
You deserved it 2 954

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How old are you? If you arent an experienced driver, I agree with your mom, stay off the roads.

When you learn to spell we'll talk about stupidity.

Comments

*High five*! Oh my GOSH! It is amazing that you live in Minnesota too! Yea.. We've gotten more than a foot of snow this week, but for you not to drive in snow? I guess you might as well give ur car up for the next four months!

Yea we are gettin a lot of snow and have a lot already but that's why I love Minnesota well one of the reasons.

tysgirl 0

I live in IL, so not as much snow, but I know how you feel. Though now that I'm 22 and live on my own, (and have gotten over the whole teenager-independence thing) I'm more than happy to let someone else drive when it snows. Snow is pretty, but I hate driving in it. (I should add for the flamers here that I've never been in any type of accident, including snow/ice-related accidents, so I'm capable of driving on snow, I just dislike it.)

LOL so do I. But I guess it depends on, how old are you?

when I was a kid, my parents would take me to a store parking lot after it closed. they'd have me practice skidding and recovery in the snow. I now live in Maine, and that practice comes in handy. btw, how did you people know the op was a girl?

It says (woman) in the light grey text below the FML

npk88 0

because it says WOMAN in parenthesis next to her username....just like it says the gender of the poster for every FML on this sight unless the user decides to keep that private.

spartan_girl 0

I'm with the other posters above that said go to an empty parking lot and learn what it's like. I lived in Michigan when I was 16, and my dad made me do the same thing. I slid around on the roads a few times, but I knew how to recover. when I was 17, I got hit by another teenager while driving (in the winter), and although we were both okay, it was pretty scary. A few years later, I almost slid into a guardrail on the highway after hitting a patch of black ice, but managed to avoid the guardrail and the signs- and I really credit the one winter when my dad taught me how to re-gain control when sliding. I'm sure it seems like it really sucks to have your parent tell you not to drive, but trust me, you do NOT want to end up in an accident! You'll need to learn how to drive in the snow someday though, so you might as well get some practice in, but try to avoid practicing where you might hurt yourself or someone else.

Ha That sux I am 16 and got my license in the summer and live in MN and my mom and dad dont give a shit when i drive in the winter as long as i tell them i am going to. It is also extremely fun to hit the E-Brake over the snow around turns.

haha my boyfriend does that when im in the car with him... the 2nd last time he hit the snowbank in f ront of his house the very last time he did it we went into a ditch not fun. and i was NOT impressed drive carefully