By kaheera4 - 04/04/2014 22:38 - United States

Today, my mom visited, and I left her for a few minutes while I used the bathroom. While I was stuck taking a crap, she went on one of her religious rants, telling my children that Easter was off this year because their precious "pagan" Easter Bunny had been murdered. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 127
You deserved it 3 990

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow that's messed up your mom shouldn't be going around killing the Easter bunny like that.

Oh the loving embrace of grandmothers

Comments

I agree that every parent has the right to decide what to tell their own children and the grandma never should have "killed off" the Easter bunny. That could be traumatic to a small child. Easter is in honor and remembrance of Jesus dying a horrible death on the cross and rising again thus defeating death and satan and washing our sins away if we accept him as our Savior. This was done by Gods design to not only to take the punishment for our sins but to give us hope and peace with God. It is everyone's individual choice if they will accept this truth or not. I think grandma could have found a way to express her personal beliefs without damaging the Easter bunny.

I wouldn't call it truth, rather a very persistent fairytale in which people believe.

Well. Technically the spring solstice is a pagan holiday, much like all "Christian" holidays.... The church put their holidays on or in close proximity to pagan holidays to try to entice more people to join.... When that failed they called them all witches and killed tens of thousands of them in the name of "god"

I would have told them that actually Easter is cancelled because Jesus isn't real and that we'll be celebrating Chocolate Rabbit Day instead.

ThePrincessB 4

Cold. But I don't know why Pegan is in parentheses. Do you celebrate Jesus' sacrifice or the Pegan ritual of fertility (aka eggs and bunnies). The two do not go together. "Our saviour died for us and rose again, lets go hunt signs of our fertility..." Creepy.

skyeyez9 24

Childhood is over way too fast. Let kids enjoy being kids and have their easter bunny, christmas, tooth fairy beliefs. My daughter knows the easter bunny isnt real (she is 10), but we still get her a basket because she enjoys waking up and seeing it on the table. She also knows the religious meaning of Easter. Let kids have fun.

Wait, wasn't there a similar FML before christmas in which grannny told everyone that santa had been murdered?

The Easter bunny is actually Egyptian. There was a fertility goddess whose name was actually pronounced Easter whose symbols of power were the egg and the bunny.

Eostre? Pretty sure she's Scandanavian.

She is. Eostre is also the viking god freya

You deserved it - you know what kind of person your mother is.

The fact that the whole pagan thing is correct isn't the point, people, that was a dick move and the mother knows it. You just don't kill bunnies. Ever.

Do you think when they rolled the stone from the tomb and the guy said Jesus has been resurrected, the guy next to him said "cool, want some jelly beans"??