By Anonymous - 25/12/2010 08:27 - United States

Today, my mom gave me my Christmas gift. It was a letter containing $200 and a note saying, "Here's the down payment for your apartment, please just move out already." I turned 18 last week. Thanks mom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 474
You deserved it 3 385

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, where can you get an apartment that only has a $200 down payment? (where I live at least) Down payments are usually $800-$1400 even for a one bedroom. FYL because your mom wants to kick you out of her home and into the ghetto. lol

That's horrible! You're still 18! I don't understand why some parents are so eager to have their children gone.

Comments

ibitehard 9

11, You're not funny. and 14, Learn how to spell, I'm probably younger than you.

what does age have to do with spelling ability ? and big deal you're on the Internet people can spell however the **** they want

What does age have to do with spelling ability? Big deal! You're on the internet. People can spell however the **** they want. (Grammar matters in addition to spelling. If you don't want to come across as a complete and total moron, fix these factors and work on syntax and sentence structure also.)

Tell her you'll need another $1400. Down payment = First + Last months rent + security deposit

haha maybe she don't mean it in that way, it's hard to tell a person's tone by just looking at words.

We all KNOW what the bitch mother meant.

lucky! my mom did that to me when I was 17! except I didn't get $200. I only got $100.

ThatLooksSticky 16

That's not enough for a down payment on an apartment. Ask your mom for more money!

Well YDI if you are a complete brat to your parents and make their live's a misery living there. But FYL if they're old fashioned and think teenagers today should just leave home without an education to a hight level and/or a well paying job to afford their housing.

janise 2

Expecting your kids to be independent once they become an adult is not old-fashioned. It's called being a good parent who wants their kids to lead healthy independent lifestyles. That being said, kicking someone out right when they turn 18 is rather harsh. Although, I don't think she can legally kick him out until he graduates high school. He can just save up as much as possible until then.

chester75 5

lol that's what you get for annoying her for the past 18 years

Hellooomindyy 0

Are you serious? there are places all over the united states with apts cheap that are not in the ghetto. Apts in my town run higher because of the military base, next big city over you can find a cheaper deal by a couple hundred dollars. It all depends on where you live. Get out there more. Besides the $200 is just a deposit so if she tears anything up, there's no telling how much rent is a month. I guess my main point is; it seems like your getting at she's poor which is okay seeing as she is only 18 so don't seem so hateful.

that's nowhere near enough for a down payment for an apartment. she's gonna have to do better if she really wants you out.