Unreasonable

By Anonymous - 20/12/2021 22:58

Today, on my 21st birthday, my dad handed me £12,000 and revealed he’d been saving my rent. When I asked what for, he told me it was to rent my first house because now I’m 21, he’s throwing my ass out. Neither me or nor my mom could talk him round, and unless I’m out by next week, he’ll start smashing my possessions. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 519
You deserved it 385

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's nice he's kicking you out with a little cash on hand. Lots of parents start the eviction process at 18.

wysegirl 24

You're 21 why would you want to live with your parents? You are lucky you got to leave with money..

Comments

It's nice he's kicking you out with a little cash on hand. Lots of parents start the eviction process at 18.

wysegirl 24

You're 21 why would you want to live with your parents? You are lucky you got to leave with money..

Since you're complaining about this, I'm assuming you feel you're not ready to move out yet. That's ****** up if that's the case.

well technically speaking since you were paying rent and that's obviously your home address you're covered by renters rights he can't just kick you out regardless if he gave the rent back it was under the presumption you were paying rent.

Exactly. OP needs to call the police and report his father for illegal eviction and threats to his property. OP's mother is a witness.

slkeithh 14

What kind of horrible people are you to want to throw their children out of the house? Not to mention that the father didn’t talk about it to his wife, and his threat to smash belongings is absolutely mad.

randybryant799 20

I hope you're looking for a place to live.

that's at least 6 months rent, and you're 21... where is he wrong?

It can take far more time than a month to find housing AND it was sudden and unknown

what kind of place are you living that you spend 2k on rent ?

fluffnugget 4

In canada rent is typically between 1300 to 2500 a month plus utilities.

kitten79TX 5

You're 21. Dude, it's time. He's giving you a starter fund and not kicking you out with no money. Children need to move out when they are adults. Get over yourself and grow up. Go be an adult.