Still a better a love story than Alien vs. Predator

By Anonymous - 30/07/2021 07:59 - United States

Today, the girl who I had a desperate crush on in high school 25 years ago, and who would never go out with me, told me that she was actually head over heels in love with me, but was so cripplingly shy that she couldn't say yes. She's divorced now. I'm married. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 189
You deserved it 250

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It seems like you are implying you wish you were not married so you could try to date this girl now. I feel sorry for your wife.

Run, she is coming to you after she is divorced. You are a back up plan to her. Don't believe what she says.

Comments

It seems like you are implying you wish you were not married so you could try to date this girl now. I feel sorry for your wife.

Run, she is coming to you after she is divorced. You are a back up plan to her. Don't believe what she says.

You know, there's this little magic trick called "moving on". You should try it some time.

You better stay away from her for the benefit of your marriage. Her divorce is an empty (potentially toxic) void that she wants you to fill. Don't do it. Practice fidelity and stay away from her. If you're a real man, you'll cut her off.

I'm not sure her *divorce* is what she wants him to fill.

Tell your placeholder wife that she is free to go and wish her well. Or, explore polygamy. Your high-school crush is obviously "the one" or this wouldn't have been an FML. Don't miss out on your chance!

Exactly, it's not true love if you don't ruin a few people's lives in the process of attaining it!

It’s actually pretty simple - You don’t really know your former “crush” as you never went out with her. What you feel for her is not real, it’s simply what you once imagined it might be. Avoid her like the plague - which she could be for your marriage.

I'm sure your wife would love to know this. She married a huge tool. Also, it's been over 20 years???? GET OVER IT

Tbh it just sounds like she wants attention

didureboot 1

Sounds like you need to listen to unanswered prayers by Garth Brooks. Stop putting your wife through that crap. The grass is NOT greener.

didureboot 1

DidUReboot’s Wife: From a woman’s perspective, she’s full of shit. She is older now and more worn down and life has humbled her a bit. She’s not all she used to be, so the REALITY isn’t that Omg shes always been smitten over you…it’s more like, she will settle for you know. How about focusing on your wife who loved you and didn’t just finally decide you’re good enough. Jesus…don’t be so naïve. Better yet, yes…please leave your wife for this piece of trash “woman” who is disgusting enough to say this to a MARRIED man, this way you will get the “prize” and your wife can move on and find a real man.