By Anonymous - 11/11/2010 01:43 - United States

Today, my husband was looking at a bariatric surgery website and asked him what he was reading. He said, "Oh, your anniversary gift. Surprise!" He wasn't kidding. He got mad when I politely declined his gift, then angrily said "You know, it really hurts when you don't like the things I get you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 573
You deserved it 4 570

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you should get him a ***** and see what his reaction is!

Some people don't know the facts about the surgery. In order to even be considered for the surgery, you have to be at least 100 pounds over weight. Maybe the guy is just a superficial prick who wants a super model instead of a normal weighted women. She may be slightly over weight but not enough for the procedure. People that just assume she is obese is just making a jack ass of themselves.

Comments

Bariatric surgery is for the morbidly obese. It means alot of pain and missed work. When it is over you can't exercise for a long time. The weight starts pouring off, then the person is left with huge amounts of skin hanging off them. It is more of an emergency fix and is not going to make you a bikini model. If you can, work out and lose it healthily. If needed, THEN use the money for a tummy tuck, because if you were obese you'll need one...If you're just chubby, lose it for your health sure.

skyeyez9 24

I can not feel sorry for someone who is morbidly obese. They have free will to control what they eat and do not eat.

kcTornado 0

that is completely false and frankly, in 2010 I'm surprised people still arrogantly think that.

I like the people calling the girl fat. *sarcasm* She very well could be fat, just as she could very well be curvy, big boned, average, whatever. I had a guy once tell me I could stand to lose a few pounds, and I've never been more than 115 at 5'8". My point is it's people's perceptions as well. She could be a healthy weight, and because she isn't 98 lbs her husband thinks she's "fat". She could be large, or...just a healthy weight.

DDiamonds 0

Poor OP, your husband is a GIGANTIC DOUCHEBAG.

starberries 0

68, male is not a race. And I think you mean "superior", not "upper".

your hubby doesn't seem so sincere with your "gift"... this situation could be taken multiple ways to be honest.. all I have to say is unless you have seen a picture of this woman or met her irl then you do not truely know all the specifics to the situation. fat or not, asshole or not, he should have talked with her before, because obviously he offended her. And I'm sorry, but if you are overweight, it's never easy to be made fun of and in a way it SEEMS like just that.

that's the moment when u bring in the ball implant website and say here's Ur gift hun .. I'm gonna buy u some balls ;)

kcTornado 0

lmao! a couple marines I know say that 'I'm kinda a big deal' :)