By Anonymous - 11/11/2010 01:43 - United States

Today, my husband was looking at a bariatric surgery website and asked him what he was reading. He said, "Oh, your anniversary gift. Surprise!" He wasn't kidding. He got mad when I politely declined his gift, then angrily said "You know, it really hurts when you don't like the things I get you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 573
You deserved it 4 570

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you should get him a ***** and see what his reaction is!

Some people don't know the facts about the surgery. In order to even be considered for the surgery, you have to be at least 100 pounds over weight. Maybe the guy is just a superficial prick who wants a super model instead of a normal weighted women. She may be slightly over weight but not enough for the procedure. People that just assume she is obese is just making a jack ass of themselves.

Comments

skateking133 0

Did anyone ever read the FML comment where the guy went on a seemingly endless rant about manga? Haha well this was almost as funny as that one.

I wouldve taken the offer if I were obese. (Y)

Maybe if you didn't eat all the sammichs you were supposed to make him this wouldn't be a problem

stoutjars 0

If someone is big enough to need it, wouldn't they want to get it? I imagine it's awful not being able to see your toes if you're not pregnant.

NekoHakase 0

Why is it that overweight women expect their spouses not to be affected by their appearance just because they are in denial? There are men like that too but it's mostly women - they want their husbands, the people who ought to be able to answer truthfully, to lie about them looking thin.

I had the "surgery" at 29. I'm 5'2 and was exactly at a 40 BMI at the weight of 220. I am now 115 and have no extra skin except from the presents my 3 children gave me(that would have been there regardless of weight) Besides that my stomach is completely flat. I have had no health issues at all afterwards besides having low vitamin D oh and lactose intolerant. That compared to the benifits is nothing! I feel and look amazing. My kids & husband are happier because I'm happier. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Oh and the point of that is if you qualify you should do it. But yea he's and insensitive ass. It should have been something he sat down and talked to you about and maybe saying he doesn't care about your weight, but he's worried about your health and he wants you around for a long long time. I actually HAD to Convince my husband to let me have it. He was completely fine with my weight but Being the biggest I've ever been I was miserable and making everybody else miserable.

It's one thing if he came to you with a genuine concern about your health, but to me it sounds like health wasn't the issue. To me it just sounds like he's a tactless prick.