By Anonymous - 19/08/2015 15:00 - South Africa

Today, my husband and I told my parents that I finally managed to conceive. My mom burst into tears of joy and said how great it was that she's finally going to be a "real" grandma, all within earshot of our adopted and now-devastated daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 909
You deserved it 2 172

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your daughter should cheer up! You can't choose your mother but she was chosen by you :)

isabelf 17

Some people can't keep their mouths shut.

Comments

Ur mom needs to choke on someone's dick or learn to keep her mouth shut

She'll never look at her grandma the same, poor girl.

Being adopted doesn't make her any less your daughter or any less part of the family. I'm sorry your mother seems to think otherwise, OP, but I'm very glad your daughter has a parent who recognizes that opinion as wrong.

MrZsDad 19

No, no she would not be ANY grandma after that comment.

OK I know this is a happy time for you all, and I know it's your mother but I hope you have her a serve for saying that. You gotta stand up for your daughter, and show that she is YOUR daughter.

That's one thing that can never be unsaid wow. Poor girl.

alex101676 8

This isn't just bad because the daughter found out that she was adopted, it's bad because her grandma openly admitted that she didn't feel like a "real" grandmother just because her granddaughter isn't biologically related to her. The grandma is also sort of inferring that she will favor the biological grandchild over her adopted granddaughter just for this reason.

kimiirenee 17