By Anonymous - 19/08/2015 15:00 - South Africa

Today, my husband and I told my parents that I finally managed to conceive. My mom burst into tears of joy and said how great it was that she's finally going to be a "real" grandma, all within earshot of our adopted and now-devastated daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 909
You deserved it 2 172

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your daughter should cheer up! You can't choose your mother but she was chosen by you :)

isabelf 17

Some people can't keep their mouths shut.

Comments

Seriously? Your mother is rude and should be ashamed.

Did she know your daughter was in ear shot? Because if she did that was a serious bitch move, to say that in front of a child ugh. If she didn't seriously explain to your mother that your daughter heard and she is upset for obvious reasons, etc. Make sure your daughter knows that she is wanted and loved by you and your partner, kids can have many issues growing up and that shouldn't be one of them. Congrads on the pregnancy.

Poor girl. I can see my mother doing this. We recently told her we were considering adopting since my health problems make pregnancy risky. She did not approve and wants a real grand-baby so I already know I'm going to have to be on guard for stuff like this one day.

And now your poor child will forever be traumatized.

Awww poor girl! Tell your mom to stop being a **** and to get over her feelings of partialism. She's part of the family and if she can't understand that, then she can no longer be part of yours.

What in the actual **** you don't say those things to kids

You need to have a serious talk with your mother and tell her that that kind of talk will not be tolerated and if she start showing favoritism to the new baby that she will not be allowed to have contact with either of them

This made my blood boil. If your mom can't see your biological and adopted children as equals, she doesn't deserve to see them at all.

Make sure grandma can't see this kid and when she asks why tell her because you don't accept your granddaughter so you obviously won't like this one