By Anonymous - 19/08/2015 15:00 - South Africa

Today, my husband and I told my parents that I finally managed to conceive. My mom burst into tears of joy and said how great it was that she's finally going to be a "real" grandma, all within earshot of our adopted and now-devastated daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 909
You deserved it 2 172

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your daughter should cheer up! You can't choose your mother but she was chosen by you :)

isabelf 17

Some people can't keep their mouths shut.

Comments

Xandrick 22

Yo, you clowns that love YDI'ing FMLs just to get that silly badge. Can't you leave this one alone?? How low must you stoop?

I've seen people YDI fmls that didn't deserve way more than this one so don't count on it.

Xandrick 22

Aaand of course this post gets downboated. Typical decay of society. :P

You need to have a serious talk with your mother.

How OP addressed this with her mother and then with her daughter is crucial. But as an adopted child I can't help but be offended by the mother's sentiment.

Please go to this site: community.babycenter.com and join the DWIL Nation. That is completely unacceptable and inappropriate behavior on your mom's part. It merits a long T.O. if not an indefinite one. geezer!

Your daughter had to find out sooner or later, But now that time was pretty ****** up.

it's about the grandmother being a a bitch, not about the daughter finding out she was adopted

I hope your daughter doesn't forgive that heartless bitch

KattrinaGLee 3

I would've let her have it! At least my daughter would have seen me seen stand up for her. Also one more comment like that and she would never have anything to do with any of my children again.