By mandybar15 - 14/12/2012 23:52 - United States - Norman

Today, my husband and I sat our 10-year-old daughter down for a chat over her recent cursing. When my husband asked where she'd heard the words, she "innocently" replied, "from mommy's other boyfriend." He took her seriously, accused me of cheating, and hasn't been home since. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 240
You deserved it 6 678

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Airman1988 9

You may have an manipulative genius on your hands.

chrissy2 28

I feel like someone wants mommy out of the house.

Comments

hewro_failure 11

I feel like what your 10-year-old daughter said is true because why else would she have said it its not like she is old enough to try and get back you by making up an elaborate lie to avoid the subject at hand of her cursing and she is only 10 and little kids tend to tell the truth

Not saying that the daughter was lying, but kids nowadays are learning to lie very early. My 2 yr old asked her dad for some ice cream and when he told her no because she needed to eat dinner first, she ran over to me crying and saying he spanked her and asked for ice cream to make it better.

Ten year olds are by no means little kids. She understood exactly what she was saying and kids her age and much younger are fully capable of lying. I know that my little brother used to blame me whenever he broke something so he wouldn't get into trouble and he started doing this when he was about 3. If you think that a ten year old is too young to lie then boy are you in for a big surprise if you have kids or have to take care of them.

MsMourningStar 22

I think the child needs to watch a little less TV. That's crazy.

Mynameislinh 24

Well, the daughter might be telling the truth but I think that she did come up with that elaborate lie so that her parents would be at each other instead of her. If she's learned to cuss, I'm pretty sure she knows damn well how to lie too. I don't trust children nowadays..

She probably has a whole lot of friends who have divorced parents and so she hears about them having two christmases, two holidays, two birthdays, two bedrooms, and about how they can get away with stuff at one house that they can't get away with at the other and thinks that they're living the dream without realising how much having divorced parents can suck. FYL OP but I'd suggest talking to her and seeing why she said that. Then punish her after of course.

nikkinurse 10

She is only 10and if she is lying there are huge underlying problems- why wound she say that??? But your husband should at least hear you out and not just accept a 10 year olds account for your intimate relationships- hope you can talk to him if you really love him- if you are being true and he doesn't believe you your marriage had way bigger issues before this :(

By no means am I trying to defend the little shit, but, to be fair, having a messed-up child requires some major slips on the parents' side in the vast majority of cases. All kids have some bad qualities to them, that's normal, but I feel like successful parenting is managing to keep those in check without traumatizing the child. So I feel like OP and her husband must've missed something big at some point in the past ten years, but this kid is inexcusably evil.

sweetmama88 6

Once a cheater always a cheater. Someone has some serious explaining to do ,

You might need to talk with your daughter about her lying, but I think you also need to talk with your husband on trust issues. Because if a ten year old told me my husband was cheating on me (in a roundabout way like that), I would ask him about it - I can tell like hell when he's lying, and he's never done it to me (apart from white lies, like telling me I looked beautiful in a hospital gown when I hadn't washed my hair for a week). Then it's time question the kid - TOGETHER - to find out what the heck she was thinking and why she said that.