Old faithful

By Anonymous - 25/04/2022 02:00

Today, my daughter flew completely off the handle when she found out I have a girlfriend, and called me an unfaithful sinning bastard, who’s going to hell for cheating on her mother. Her mother's been dead for 20 years and this is the first time I’ve met a woman since then. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 186
You deserved it 119

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Does this brat not understand the "til death do us part" part of this? She needs a harsh reality check

I'm no theologian, but I think you're OK in virtually every afterlife scenario. Only if you didn't murder your wife. You didn't do that, did you?

Comments

I'm no theologian, but I think you're OK in virtually every afterlife scenario. Only if you didn't murder your wife. You didn't do that, did you?

Does this brat not understand the "til death do us part" part of this? She needs a harsh reality check

She probably interprets it as both people being dead for that to count.

It sounds like she is not too old for a little corporal punishment, if she is going to act like a child.

That may or may not work. Dad could try it, but the outcome may not be what you expect.

She doesn't like it, she can leave and go live with a relative. At least you can see your girlfriend in (more) peace.

I have to wonder if there’s a hint of unspoken anger that her potential inheritance will be chipped away at because of a new woman in her father’s life. It’s still bratty as hell, but it may help to understand where she’s coming from.

I don’t think she actually believes any of that. It’s almost certainly just anger and anxiety and she latched onto the first excuse she could find to justify it. Sit her down when things are calm again and talk to her.

How old is this daughter, especially since it's been 20 years?

cpguru24 15

Sounds like an opportunity to have a good sit down with your daughter (I assume she is at least 20?) and help her through her emotions about your late wife. You deserve happiness. Help her through this. Good luck OP.