By J-Ro - 04/03/2010 05:03 - United States

Today, my guy, who is a PhD candidate, informed me that it is his goal in life to own every Will Ferrell movie. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 505
You deserved it 12 343

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's amazing how many FMLs here could easily be avoided if their OPs just had a sense of humour.

skeleton_skinner 0

Comments

Today, I am a girl who is a PhD student and my aim in life is to own every Will Ferrel movie. Yay My Life :D Brick my sweet Brick! I traveled 500 miles to give you my seed! No one knows what it means, but it's provocative.

So what? And what does his degree have to do with his taste in movies? How does this affect you in any way? I don't understand why it's a life goal; just go to the store and buy them if you want them. It's not really a challenge.

he should own every will ferrel movie by now if he's serious about it, which I assume he is because he calls it his life goal. now, there are about maybe 30 movies with him AT THE MOST. go on imdb, look at his acting history, and go buy each movie for $3.00 from half.com. delivery in 1-14 days. it's that simple. if he hasn't dome that by now, then he is a loser and dump his ass

perdix 29

Hopefully, he can complete this lofty mission before he wastes time on his thesis. His thesis committee will certainly be more impressed that he possesses the complete works of an American icon than by his banal, hackneyed ramblings about some arcane academic topic. My suggestion is that at his defense, he should answer all questions with quotes from "Elf," "Old School," "Anchorman," and "Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby." He'll be granted his degree instantly and they'll probably offer him a tenured professorship then and there. Smart man you've got there!

No, no, no. He only needs to walk into his dissertation with one quote prepared. "I am very important. I have many leather-bound books. I don't know how to put this, but i am kind of a big deal. People know me and my apartment smells of rich mahogany" equals instant PhD.

perdix 29

I didn't forget "Anchorman." Look again ;) I didn't like "Blades of Glory" and I missed "Stepbrothers."

purplemnm 9

blades of glory was epic and stepbrothers...I was gonna see it but my grandmother is a control freak and was like "it's rated R!!!!" so I never saw it either but I heard it's good...

youthink_fml 0

I don't question his taste in comedy. I do however question his taste in girlfriends. This is not an FML and you're a self-centered moron for thinking it is.

I'm sure he was humoring you, but even if he was sincere, why would it matter that he has a phd? sounds like he's pretty laid back, unlike yourself. your post tells me you're the type that wouldn't give someone the time of day unless they had alphabet soup behind their name

will ferrel is tuff you should have to see his movies by law

purplemnm 9

my goal is to own every Kevin Bacon movie ever made...is that wrong??? there's alot btw D;