By Anonymous - 02/05/2012 11:05 - Canada

Today, my girlfriend started a conversation with "I don't want to break up" and ended the conversation with "I think I'd be better off alone." So I guess I'm now single. I think. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 135
You deserved it 2 509

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Makes no sense. Sounds like she needs to get her mind straightened out.

perdix 29

She's probably ******* that cantaloupe already! You didn't stand a chance against that leather-skinned melon, you poor bastard!

Comments

Makes no sense. Sounds like she needs to get her mind straightened out.

_ebbonyy 11

she was probably trying to let you down easily.. either way, break-ups suck regardless OP so, sorry! xx

Op's probably extremely confused now.

Marcella1016 31

Of course it made sense. She was torn. She didn't "want" to but she "had" to because, like she said in the end, she'd "be better off alone." Not sure why because obviously I don't know the ins and outs of your relationship, but sucks for you, OP. Like other people said, plenty of other fish in the sea :)

It may make sense in a girls mind, but rarely in a guy's.

petlover7598 7

I bet if we knew what was said between the start of the conversation and the end this whole thing would make more sense.

What's there to Be confused about? She obviously wants to break up, but she doesn't have the guts to say it out loud. Yes op i guess you're right.

Because in a guys point of view either it is or it isn't. Girls are different. So he must have understood it first as she still wanted to be with him, and then she said the opposite. With girls, they think of the "in between." Guys don't.

posie94 7

But 19 there's also sharks, whales and waste in the sea too...

ThisIsMyReign 4

56 - And the celebrity starfishs.

I understood the situation perfectly. This relationship had to end because it was doing more harm than good. I don't think anyone wants to break up from a relationship unless there are big reasons to do so. She expressed her wish that things were going differently, that the relationship could be saved somehow and you could continue together. But it seems that it's no longer possible, for reasons the OP most likely refuses to accept. Sometimes it's better to say good-bye than to keep beating a dead horse.

#1 have you ever met a woman that DOES make sense? Their minds are completely irrational.

simplylost643 0

#78- "Sometimes it's better to say good-bye than to keep beating a dead horse". Sometimes? Exactly who, in their right mind, would continue to beat a dead horse anyway?

Whoever 78 is sounds either like OP's ex, or mine. Either way, that sucks OP

Yes you are, but at least she let you down easy.

lebronesque73091 12

You're single, my friend. And even if you aren't, you're probably better off single if she can't make up her mind.

She didn't let him down easy.. She left him in relationship limbo.

blackheart24 10

Apparently she needs to make up her mind. Sorry op, sounds like you need to get some clarification.

I agree. Op should give her time and space to sort through her thoughts, and he just might end up with a girlfriend who respects him more than ever for giving her that. :)

poohappens26 0

There's more fish in the sea.. At least she didn't move to china and give you a fake number.

pickles2b2 4

Sounds like you have experience with that one there, 6.

Expect a call in the very near future where she is either: A. Crying hysterically(sp?) begging for you back or B. Claiming you were the worst thing to ever happen to her and she's glad she left. Either way best of luck.

perdix 29

She's probably ******* that cantaloupe already! You didn't stand a chance against that leather-skinned melon, you poor bastard!

ripresno 10

The "poor bastard" should get a watermelon and see what they have in common. Anything can happen in the world of melons.

perdix 29

You're telling me! One day your nailing this great pair of casabas, and next thing you know, you're married to her and all you're getting is an endless diet of honeydews! Poor bastard, indeed!

challan 19

I wonder if that's who came up with the honeydew list. Damn nagging melons!

flockz 19

i life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Brelywi 15

"False stupidity?" That's optimistic. Or ironic, depending on how you look at it.

She really should have planned that conversation better. I'm sorry, but perhaps YOU are better off without her.

Yes it does. She doesn't WANT to break up, but she feels that she NEEDS to. Like, I don't WANT to eat bananas, but I NEED the potassium.