By Eric Moore - 25/09/2011 08:12 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of 3 years said she was leaving me because recently I wasn't making much money, and was playing too many video games. I recently got a raise at my job of 5 years. The job? Testing video games. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 596
You deserved it 3 951

Same thing different taste

Top comments

azcardinals1307 2

Unreasonable people are unreasonable. Sorry dude.

Comments

You want that job? Obviously, you haven't thought it through very hard. It's not like he would be playing such mega hits as Halo or Call of Duty. Most of the games that he'll play will likely never make it big. Also, video game testers play games not for fun, but to intentionally find glitches. They will often play the same mind-numbing part for hours on end, trying to replicate a glitch in order for the development team to fix it. Try Googling "The Trenches" and read some of their stories and web comics. It goes into much greater detail.

Seriously, people need to do some research before crying "awesome job!" Like two seconds of googling would do it. Video game testing bears very little resemblance to actual video game playing. It's not fun.

Ins0mau 20

It might be harder work than most would assume but a lot of jobs are hard work and tedious at times. I'd still like to give it a go. We can't all be designers. And it's still a job.

scottgeo 0

Your girl is an idiot. Find someone who doesnt have their head up their ass.

Lucianus_Lycan 7
PYROxSYCO3 7

Well **** her one less to pay for heh heh :)

You should have told her. Why keeping her in z dark!!!!!

linnie_wesker 20
kismentia 10

I hear other girls complain about this often, and a simple solution is to find a game you both like. It depends on the girl, but I like Fallout (3 and New Vegas) and 1st person shooters, so maybe try these first.