By cdick - 11/03/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, my girlfriend and I decided to exchange presents for our birthdays. I spent $100 on perfume and Victoria's Secret clothes. She bought me a bag of lifesavers, then asked me to leave because she wanted to take a nap. FML
I agree, your life sucks 78 194
You deserved it 5 434

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ayumi_fml 0

i would've taken back the presents while she was sleeping..

Bubs_fml 0

Imagine if the genders were reversed here? I mean, people are pissed now, but there'd be an epic thousand-comment ****storm going on in here if a guy was the culprit in this FML.

Comments

^ you seem like a inconsiderate ass. Cdick i would advise you not to date cheap ass ****** that can easily be bought for a few dollars. She is no good for you MOVE ON

You bought her Victoria Secret clothes and Perfume for $100? What, were they second hand? That must have been some cheap ass perfume.. Or you're lying.

@73 just because im curious, how could he possibly mistake dating for not dating at all?

How mean, you should have taken back those gifts while she was asleep. :

xxxkristenx 0

so.. you guys have the same birthday?

kellster 2

At first my reaction was that this was totally cold and shitty. And then I read it again and thought, Victoria's Secret? Really? Did you give her something really slutty? If so, I would be insulted and ask you to leave, too. I agree that her present was crap, not really thoughtful at all. And it sucks that you clearly spent such different amounts on each other. But I do see #53's point - those were gifts that would benefit you, particularly the lingerie, not her. Most women prefer to choose their own lingerie, or at least have a say in it. She could have taken your choice as a commentary on her own choices of the past in that department and been offended. Or, as I said, if you got her something that was totally not her style or suggestive of something a **** star would wear, she could have felt demeaned. No decent woman likes to be associated with a dumbass, fake-boobed, indoor-tanned, dyed-blonde **** star! Lingerie is a pretty easy gift to **** up, in my opinion. You can go ahead and tell me that I'm illogical, but I'm just speaking for my kind. We're easily offended, sorry.

Origami86 6

wo wo wo easy on there tiger. not all pornstars are what you described. Asia Carrera is a member of Mensa, pretty much way smarter than the majority of people here, just like other pornstars have PhD's, Master's and Bachelor's Degrees. Just because people choose to do **** for a living, it doesn't mean they are less of a person. Respect above all.

haha either your doing something wrong or shes using you

Laxer22 0

haha its ok it was me and my now ex gfs 2 year anv..i got her a white gold anklet with our initials, she got me m&ms....fml

#38, it's not about being materialistic it's about the fact that he spent his hard earned money, and she picked up his gift in the check out line. that's messed up any way you slice it. even if he didn't wanna get some he might have just wanted to spend time with her.