By cdick - 11/03/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, my girlfriend and I decided to exchange presents for our birthdays. I spent $100 on perfume and Victoria's Secret clothes. She bought me a bag of lifesavers, then asked me to leave because she wanted to take a nap. FML
I agree, your life sucks 78 194
You deserved it 5 434

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ayumi_fml 0

i would've taken back the presents while she was sleeping..

Bubs_fml 0

Imagine if the genders were reversed here? I mean, people are pissed now, but there'd be an epic thousand-comment ****storm going on in here if a guy was the culprit in this FML.

Comments

Ur single now, right? I would have dumped her. And take the presents with you, she doesn't deserve them.

god. what a stuck up bitch...telling you to leave and not being grateful. but you WANTED to give her an expensive gift. if you expect an equally priced gift in return, set a limit to gift prices for each other, so one person doesn't get screwed.

Kiebland 0
squeaky_fml 0

I can't know for sure, but I'm going to guess that you guys haven't been dating very long at all, and she doesn't have much money (probably a student), and you were just being creepy and pushy by giving her all that stuff. My last birthday, I specifically told my then boyfriend not to spend much money on me, and he responded by buying me $100 worth of dinner and concert tickets, plus a diamond bracelet. I'd also recently told the guy that I hated bracelets. It made me feel like a *****, and also made it abundantly clear that he didn't listen to anything I said. I'm definitely on the girlfriends side here. She probably told you to leave because you made her uncomfortable and angry and she needed some time to cool off. Don't be surprised if you get dumped soon.

I'd take the perfume, pour it all over her while she's sleeping and stick 2 lifesavers up her nose.

Leave her, sweetheart. The disparity between how into each other you are is too great.

Slicer316 2

Dump the ***** she's just using you for your money. LIFESAVORS HONESTLY?????? thats just sad, get someone not worthwhile unlike that *****

I think your girlfriend is kind of ungrateful, but why the hell did you buy Victoria's Secret clothes as a supposed present to _her_? Just admit that the lingerie is actually for your benefit.