By noway - 03/01/2014 11:03 - France - Cholet

Today, my French wife chose the name of our unborn baby girl. She wants to call her Fanny and won't change her mind. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 914
You deserved it 5 302

Same thing different taste

Top comments

blackman100 20

Make sure her middle name is Pack.

For the sake of your child I hope you change her mind

Comments

Silver lining it is better than Cricket or La-a (pronounced ladasha) People in my town think this is cute!

sarahbevan20 11

Guys. Who even said they were in France? He said that he has a French wife, which doesn't necessarily mean that they are in France. I'm Mexican, and I don't live in Mexico...

ViviMage 38

The country of origin is visible to me. I'm using the official iOS app.

Comprise with her, find something in between

Ask her if she wouldn't mind adding an "r" and making it Franny.

you live in France so what's the problem?

Fanny used to be quite a popular name for girls in England and France. Funny how time changes things...

Still popular in France, since it doesn't mean anything crude in french.

drfifi 12

Its a fairly common name but it is hilarious if you're american its not to bad a name but the names got a different meaning in other english speaking countries that are a bit worse...

Quiet_one 22

As an American I agreed that it would be cruel to name a child Fanny, and that was before I learned what it's slang for in the UK and Australia! Why would a woman intentionally do that to her own daughter?