By AtLeastHaveADecientExcuse - 28/08/2013 13:25

Today, my first date in years cancelled on me because she has to "wash the horse's hair." The date was arranged for 9:30pm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 306
You deserved it 3 451

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The_9th_Doctor 18

did you arrange a date with Sarah Jessica Parker?

Comments

Should have told her, "**** you and the horse you rode in on." FYL, OP. P.S. it's spelled "decent"

Okay I have a horse and if your going to a show sometimes it gets late but you still gotta wash them to be all pretty! Or if it's like my horse and has no tail because the dog keeps pulling it out your washing it hoping it grows! Either way it's a perfectly good reason to me! Better luck next time :)

Are you serious, you don't have the forethought of when a you have a show.

If you have a show wouldn't you wash the horse right before? If you wash it the night before it still has 8 house to roll in the dirt and get poop on its hair. Surely, you cowgirls know this.

I'm still mortified by the fact that the dog pulls out the horses tail. poor horsey.

I have a horse too and no, you put a blanket on them and give them a brush in the morning, they wont get dirty. It really is important and yes, you would know when you have a show but there's usually so much to prepare it gets very late. Hes lucky she tried to include him, show season is seriously busy.

I guess I should also say she's stupid though because if she knew on advance she needed to wash the horse she shouldn't have made plans!

Keep it classy. Just beat the idiot with a horseshoe.

Something tells me she doesn't even have horses...

sneeze_watch 19

"I have to wash my hair" is a really, really old excuse that gals used to give when they wanted to let you down easy. The horse thing is new.

Honestly, in a situation like this, OP should evaluate what about themselves is putting people off so much

jw90 18

That's a really dumb excuse to not date anyone. You're better off OP.

theannak 7

Well if she shows horses then grooming them is in her best interest...maybe she really meant it, but had a horse show the next day? It takes me a few hours to get my horse "show clean" before a show. I usually do it earlier in the day, but some people might like doin it late. Sorry OP...good luck!

Soo many comments like this, finally people that understand horse girls. Its a passion, and a live animal, guys need to deal with it.

Agreed! I tell all my boyfriends straight up I am all about my horses. I ride in my free time. I spend all my money on them. I ENJOY smelling like them. Don't like it? Throws off your "swag" vibe? Gtfo then.

**** I need more friends like this! Luckily my bf comes out to my rides as often as he can, even with hay allergies :p