Overenthusiastic

By Sash - 06/04/2012 21:04 - United Kingdom

Today, I dressed up for a date. After waiting for hours, sending countless texts and voice mails to my date, and thinking I'd been stood up, I remembered my date is actually scheduled for tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 618
You deserved it 38 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you think about it, Tomorrow never comes because it is always today.

Comments

Doesn't matter had sex... Well maybe not this time.

lavitaebella_fml 0

Think positive, OP! At least you know that if he comes by tomorrow, he's a good. . . sensible. . . understanding. . . (and the list goes on, and on) guy.

candice22_fml 4

Good job, you've completely freaked your date out.

No , no you don't have a date tomorrow too. After what you did today, i doubt you'll have one tomorrow. FYL

giantdwarf 0
alliewillie 22

If he's smart, he won't show up tomorrow either...

I used to be nucking futs. Then I learned to spell.

Am I the only that read the nucking futs comment as ******* nuts? xD

am I the only one besides 87 who has seen the movie Dickie Roberts...???? sure, it was a lame comment, but not a misspelling.

fthku 13

I'm wondering why #41 got thumbed up and #82 got thumbed down. #82 isn't wrong, OP is a woman. Anyway OP, better luck with the next guy. Even if someone does flake on you, don't send them countless texts and leave voice mails- it tends to freak people out. If you really have to, one will do, no point in wasting more money than that.

Because 41 was most likely in response to 29's comment referring to OP's date, not OP. And thus, 82 was thumbed down.

fthku 13

I assumed it was a follow-up comment to #1 and #9, but it does seem more likely to be in reply to #29. Thanks for clearing that up.

If you think about it, Tomorrow never comes because it is always today.

I am imagining the man in your profile picture saying this, haha. Only, in my imagination, he is holding a pipe in his hand and occasionally taking a few puffs of it while talking.

When you say "the man" in the "picture" you mean me right? That was my Grad Class of 1969 picture just in case you were unaware...

Holyy no way that mustache is epic ;D

But It says in your profile that you are a girl

Hohoho! Sorry for the delayed reply you energetic youngsters! It seems that I have gotten into trouble! Anywho, thank-you for the compliments and yes; Iam a man, yet I'm a miss. And Iam also negative in age. Hahaha!

It's called Benjamin Button syndrome, I believe.

The man in 18's picture is, in fact, US General Ambrose Burnside. Side burns were named after him, so it makes sense that he would have such an awesome mustache.

it's funny because OP went on a "date" on the wrong "date" haha, anyone? no? ಠ.ಠ

The only thing that seems off is the fact that he didn't reply to any of OP's messages, lol.

#51 he probably knows she's blond....

legit_shit15 2

obviously this person isn't much of catch. someone who cares would have responded don't ya think?

KiddNYC1O 20

Troll dates must be avoided.

Ins0mau 20

They were probably at work or something. I know I'm not allowed to use my phone at work.

alinka_fml 0

no it doesnt mean they would have responded. not everyone is glued to their phone and gets a chance To answer right away. sometimes I don't respond to my bf for hours. I could be sleeping, studying, or out with my friends somewhere loud where you can't hear the phone.

Whoa you sound way desperate. Guys don't like it

If I were him I'd think you were a little crazy...

Well hi Josh I'm from Chicago and on behalf of the FML community and the Internet we don't give a ****. Don't be a creep. :D

After 17 "where r u???" texts and 15 "I can't believe you stood me up!!" voicemails, I think your chances of a second date are poor. He might be, possibly, perhaps, just a bit, completely ******* scared of you now.

Yeah, I was reading the fml thinking to myself "umm. whether the date is tomorrow or not, wouldn't the date have responded."

Drigr- He may have not responded because he was busy tonight. Hence the date was scheduled for tomorrow. I know I can't have my mobile phone on me at work so you could call or text me all I night and I'd never know it.

I was thinking the same thing, Doc. I bet her date really WILL stand up her up now.

71- Did you seriously just now notice that?

I think 71 is either: a.) Trolling b.) A complete idiot c.) REALLY new to this site For his sake I'm hoping it's C.

77 - I think C. 71 - *you're (get used to it) And welcome to FML.

Haha, I'm sure this kind of thing has happened to many. Maybe not to this degree but being so excited for something that you forget what day it is. It's ok op, your date will think you're really interested in them now!

Yes! OP's date may become paranoid- and need their mother to take them to therapy, where their mother will say "I'm disappointed in the fact my child can only find crazy people to date!"

Yea haha, yours too! I saw the picture and thought "Why would so many people take cover behind one vehicle?" But then I read the caption and it all made sense.