By Annoyed Student - 09/04/2013 23:09 - United Kingdom - Oxford

Today, my English teacher used the word "interpretate" again. This isn't the only mistake she's made though; I've been so frustrated that I've started a list of them. It's over a page long. I'm meant to be learning things from this woman. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 992
You deserved it 4 144

Same thing different taste

Top comments

'interpretate' is a perfectly cromulent word.

I once had a teacher tell us about how, “pon-ti-is pee-lot had like, totally conspired against Jesus with Jonas" needless to say we had her fired

Comments

perdix 29

You need to get literally orientated to the "cautionary tail" style of teaching where the teacher porpoisely makes errors to keep you on your toes. My daughter's algebra teacher pronounces "asymptote" as "asthma-tote."

102 - he's joking. He wrote porpoisely instead of purposely, he knows the difference. ^_−☆

That sounds exactly like my teacher. So annoying how stupid schools can be!

Success4444 12

So... You never went to one because they were stupid? It shows in your attitude about the system rather than the individual.

I had a college professor who constantly stated sexual orientation was a protected class. I corrected him 4 times in class. He agreed with me each time. I finally just gave up. I took my A and moved on.

My brain just atrophied a little reading that.

you'd be throwded out of my physics class for that

I think all the comments saying "get her fired" are a little too extreme, its hard enough to get a job and I doubt everyone here makes no mistakes at all. I had a teacher that called a spatula a "flippy thing -a-ma- gig", I corrected her but I wouldn't think of getting her fired over it.

Well, but was that teacher using spatulas for her job? If she was a culinary/home ec instructor, then she absolutely needs to know the vocabulary of her trade. I'm a high school English teacher, and we use the word "interpret" hundreds of times in a week. It's like going to a mechanic and having him tell you,"Well, we think you might have some troubles with that doo dad with all the big rubber band thingies." Does that inspire professional confidence?

Properly, a spatula is the rubber thing with which you scrape out a cake bowl, and what we colloquially know as a "spatula" is supposed to be called a "turner", which I think makes her closer to right.

She likely assumed everyone "would of" been too busy texting to notice. Oops I mean "would have" been.

Ugh! I can't stand grammar nazis! Get a real life!

We wouldn't be here is people actually learned to use correct grammar in their everyday lives. You want us gone? Fix yourself first.

I'm going to assume you meant "if" not "is" You're not a good Nazi

Later, the teacher writes: 'Today, work was so boring again I just started making words up. This is the 15th time I've done it. None of the kids I teach seem to notice. FML.'

You seem to be a good grammar Nazi, correct that bitch every time. I have an English teacher who doesn't understand why none of us have seen (phonetically) "Pin-ock-ee-oo", it was brilliant when we said we had seen "Pin-oak-ee-oo".

#58 - although I agree it is important to know one's language well, may I remind you that the original Pinocchio story is of Italian origin. So she is not doing anything wrong in saying the name in the original way. In Italian it is in fact said pi-nok-yoo, whereas in English like you well said it is pi-n-oak-ee-oo.