By Annoyed Student - 09/04/2013 23:09 - United Kingdom - Oxford

Today, my English teacher used the word "interpretate" again. This isn't the only mistake she's made though; I've been so frustrated that I've started a list of them. It's over a page long. I'm meant to be learning things from this woman. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 992
You deserved it 4 144

Same thing different taste

Top comments

'interpretate' is a perfectly cromulent word.

I once had a teacher tell us about how, “pon-ti-is pee-lot had like, totally conspired against Jesus with Jonas" needless to say we had her fired

Comments

Once my English teacher rambled on for half a class about "Charles Dickenson".

_TheAtheist_ 10

Perhaps you are simply misinterpretating her? Sometimes people use words that are a little too pontificational when they talk, but irregardless you shouldn't get so disorientated.

Im not sure if you are aware but "irregardless" isn't really a word. it contains a double negative and the correct word is regardless. Both carry the same meaning.

AnyaS 19

Is this teacher called Miss Suttle? We had a shit English teacher who used made up/incorrect words lol

samicna 4

You are learning on what not to do! Great teacher!!

Bloodjoker 11

Maybe you've just been "interpretating" her wrong this whole time. She is the one "learning" you :-P

I had a health teacher who also thought "irregardless" was a word, and used it a couple times per class. He was also the type who babbled about "the man upstairs" (in a public school) and talked about how "God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." A terrible teacher as well.

My Anatomy Professor just got done telling us on our test that the cranial and spinal nerves are not part of the peripheral nervous system but instead they're part of the central nervous system. A girl spoke up that it was in her terminology book that they were in fact part of the PNS and he said, "yes, bring me the book so I can have the editor information and inform them they're wrong." I came home and grabbed up the definition out of my Mosby's nursing dictionary, took a pic and sent it to him. My statement was, "if you would like their editor info as well I will have this book with me Thursday." I haven't seen him yet, so we shall see! I feel your pain that I have paid for an idiot, and somehow feel I'm not really learning anything! Good luck!!

I do this all the time. My teacher says understandatory.

I had a women's history professor who said "um" 105 times in 50 minutes. It has to be some sort of record.