By Discouraged - 06/01/2015 20:36 - Canada - Newmarket

Today, my brother admitted that he decides whether he will date a girl or not based on the number of likes she gets on her selfies. We share the same blood. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 629
You deserved it 3 508

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And he will probably never find that perfect girl, and he will bother you forever :D

I guess your brother aint much of a personality fan, sorry to hear that.

Comments

Is he all there or is he kind of the slow one in the family?

Yeah like that will ever get you any pussy.

Chicks who take selfies are mostly bitches anyway..

I don't agree. I've always been told I'm very nice and sweet, yet I love selfies...

yeah man, how dare girls like how they look and have self-esteem ?? tsssk

That's rediculous ,most girls take selfies ..if you think that you're just as shallow.

I'm pretty sure all girls take selfies now...

While it's not very deep of him, it make sense in a certain way. The amount of "likes" indicates her desirability to others, meaning his dating her will be viewed as a greater accomplishment if she gets a lot. It's still pretty pathetic, as it goes beyond the shallowness of dating someone just because *he* finds her attractive(which is necessary for a healthy relationship, along with personality) to dating someone because *others* deem her attractive(which is not necessary for a healthy relationship).

That's very stupid. I think wanting some likes on your own picture is one thing, but why should others care about it? If he find her attractive, why does it matter how many other people think so, so much to like her picture? This reminds me of a girl who said if her tweet doesn't not get any favorites or retweets, she deletes it because she thinks it's "weird". Social media has taken so much of our self value away- so many kids rely on what other people think and that's not the right way for this generation to be growing up at all. I think I was born in the wrong era because while I like my iPad and apps, I don't feel like I need it, at all. That being said, my selfies don't get too many likes, but do you think I care? No, because I took the picture because I likes the way my hair looked, not to see if others do. I get compliments in person which actually matters, not if someone likes a filtered photo of you. Anyways, OP, your brother sounds very young and expectedly immature. I couldn't imagine a soon-to-be adult thinking like this. Even if he is in his late teens, he'll learn with time. He must not be very experienced with women to be so shallow, so he will mature with time. Everyone has some,thing stupid they did or though when they were younger that they laugh at when they get older. This will be that for him, I guess.

That's incredibly lame & short sighted of him

Obviously the pool of blood is very shallow.