By Discouraged - 06/01/2015 20:36 - Canada - Newmarket

Today, my brother admitted that he decides whether he will date a girl or not based on the number of likes she gets on her selfies. We share the same blood. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 629
You deserved it 3 508

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And he will probably never find that perfect girl, and he will bother you forever :D

I guess your brother aint much of a personality fan, sorry to hear that.

Comments

I guess he wants a girl with a lot of friends. It sure doesn't say a lot about the girl, but it speaks volumes about your brother. Sorry OP, you'll probably be stuck with him forever! lol!

bingo__O 15

Although that is agreeably stupid, aren't selfies kind of used to do just that? Gain attention and (if single hopefully) possibly interest a potential partner?

I take selfies because I think I look decent, not to get attention from guys. I don't know where ya get that logic from :p

bingo__O 15

I don't know, a view from the outside lol. I'm not a social person

#19, you basically just said what #14 did in a more vague sense. "I think I look good", so you take a selfie. "I want to show other people I look good", so you post it. Even if you don't consciously acknowledge the purpose is for attention, that's what you're doing when you post a selfie (aside from basic identification pictures of yourself, like a profile picture). If you keep it for yourself, then that's different, but people who are posting them are doing so because they want other people to see...also known as attention. And remember, just because the word "attention" has recently picked up a stronger negative connotation in the past few decades doesn't mean wanting attention is a bad thing.

sweetnsourrr 11

#19 some people take selfies for attention which makes it look bad for those who don't. You can't take selfies anymore without people assuming you're full of yourself. I used to take a lot, but because I barely had any of myself. I am not photogenic at all, IMO.

juststephhere 23

He's probably missing out on a lot of wonderful ladies. It's really his loss.

Wow. At least be glad you're not that shallow

what kind of guy cares about that hahaha

Totally understandable. I need my women to have at least 33 likes before I'll even consider giving them their dog back.

This got down-voted like crazy, but you have a point. He apparently has so many girls in his life he needs to winnow the list down a bit?