By Anonymous - 08/06/2009 10:41 - Singapore

Today, my boyfriend of 4 years proposed to me. I wasn't expecting anything too romantic, but I would have liked something more than an email from Facebook, requesting my confirmation that we were engaged. FML
I agree, your life sucks 104 637
You deserved it 7 427

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comicmischief 0

The internet has taken over.

Oh wow. FYL. that's almost worse then being dumped via facebook, although I'm not sure. a lot of people are going to say ydi because you chose to date him in the first place... But I don't think anyone deserves facebook relationship status changes before real life relationship changes...

Comments

I actually think that's kind of cute, but to each her own. Nevertheless, your life is not ******. Get over it.

that could just be like a joke or something and his real proposal could happen very soon

NonchalantSavant 0

You now know what kind of guy he is (if you haven't already figured it out in 4 years). If you choose to marry him, you have chosen to be with a guy who's not very romantic. What you'll probably end up doing is torturing him for the rest of his life because even though you went into this thing KNOWING he's not romantic, you're going to try to change him into something he's not. It's all up to you. Oh, and congratulations!

Neither confirm nor deny and wait for tonight. See if he's actually planning to propose in person first.

I've heard of people using how they met or some other big event (first kiss, first place he realized he loved her etc) to propose to people, so like under a specific tree in the park, at a certain restraunt etc, so if you met that way then maybe BUT not by updating his status to seem as though you had already accepted, maybe posting a comment on your page asking you would have been ok but his presumption is a horrible way to do it. Rings are not important to the actual proposal, neither my Granddad nor my Dad proposed with a ring, they took their fiance out to choose their own after they had accepted. Engagement rings don't have to be flashy and expensive they can be any ring you want them to be, doesn't have to be diamonds and platinum. The thing that you should be focusing on if you are asked is the person who asked you not what ring they bought to ask you with.

resawins 0

my ex-fiance proposed via text message. it read "you're my fiance ok?"

jasey_rae 0

just remember if this is how he proposed if you were to get a divorce, would he just end the marriage via facebook without telling you? history tends to repeat itself. and if you want to be with him you need to have a serious talk about how to communicate with each other. because obviously that has to happen if you even want a snowflakes chance in hell to make your possible marriage work.

ChasinParkedCars 0

did he send you a nice ering in the process? jokes aside, that is just ridiculous. are you guys like eharmony status? long distance?

It takes a LOT for a man to propose... In any way that Is (unless he was just joking around) even though it wasn't in a conventional way.. It still counts on my book. Good luck!