By Anonymous - 08/06/2009 10:41 - Singapore

Today, my boyfriend of 4 years proposed to me. I wasn't expecting anything too romantic, but I would have liked something more than an email from Facebook, requesting my confirmation that we were engaged. FML
I agree, your life sucks 104 635
You deserved it 7 427

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comicmischief 0

The internet has taken over.

Oh wow. FYL. that's almost worse then being dumped via facebook, although I'm not sure. a lot of people are going to say ydi because you chose to date him in the first place... But I don't think anyone deserves facebook relationship status changes before real life relationship changes...

Comments

oh wow! what an idiot! I agree with #88: pretend you didn't see it and make him ask you about it in person.

mattmalin11 0

You're ungrateful. Just be glad he proposed to you in the first god damn place. YDI

mattmalin11 0

You're ungrateful. Just be glad he proposed to you in the first god damn place. YDI

ohJeeznotme 7

#38 is a shallow golddigger.

#1 has it all right......but yes your life is ******. Even though ur pretty lucky to be getting married. but yes that is a jerky way to propose. But also i agree with 86, a lot of people find relationships on facebook through chats, and at least he's willing to ACTUALLY marry you... i mean your lucky for that. Your just lucky he's not a player and dumped you already because it should't matter how or when he proposes, just so he does and that you two have a happy and healthy life together. Also, 86 she's not being a bitch, she's shocked and somewhat surprised her "prince charming" isn't as romantic as he should be.

GabriLee 0

To all those saying that she should be glad she was proposed to in the first place: There is nothing in here saying that she is not happy about his want of commitment. She just says that she feels like she got screwed over by the proposal because she didn't even get to see him when she was proposed to. Most girls have this idea in their head of the perfect proposal and it's big and fantastic. Though their perfect proposal most likely won't happen, they at least get to see the love of their life down on one knee committing his life and love to her alone and they are so happy, that the proposal BECOMES their perfect proposal. This proposal hardly constitutes as a perfect one though (in most cases). This proposal didn't even have the words I love you in or around them. It was an insensitive e-mail from facebook telling her that her boyfriend is ready for the next step. Not many people would be okay with that, and I don't blame the OP for posting her FML.

CryingHowls 0

off topic but does facebook ask you to say "accept" or "deny" or "i do" and "i don't"? hahaha as for your fml: some couples put their status as engaged just for fun and not really to propose. based on what you've said in your fml, it's hard to determine if he's doing this just for fun or if he really wants to marry you. it's best to get that sorted out first! if that was his actual proposal, walk away with a seductive cat-walk and tell him to try harder. that'll tell him that you actually do love him, keep him hooked on to u, and make him try harder. or if he's more of a shy, introverted person, either give up or tell him face-to-face to try harder. good luck!

#65 - Exactly. Proposals should be done with the two people face to face. Unless he was in the same room with the ring ready, this is a pretty cowardly way to propose.