By Anonymous - 03/07/2011 16:21 - United States

Today, my boss fired me for dating a co-worker. There's no policy forbidding it; he just thought it was unfair that I could get with the "hottest girl who works here" but he can't. I live in an at-will employment state. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 647
You deserved it 3 270

Same thing different taste

Top comments

musicalmaggs 0

damn, at least you got the girl.

heartbrakej 0

Comments

none_for_me 5

Does suck for you!! You should be part of a union where you can really suck at your job and still get paid higher wages. ; )

none_for_me 5

Or, better yet get a government job. You would be set for life. I think screwing co workers there is a job requirement.

Ahhhhh yes......That wonderful union mentality.

every state is an at-will employment state

some states require explicit employment contracts.

at will or not, you can sue for wrongful termination

To the OP - Every state in the United States of America is an "at will" state so you saying that is repetitive and shows your ignorance. Learn the United States Labor Law then come back.

again, some states require explicit employment contracts.

That last part was beautiful. Sounded like poetry for assholes. Write a book, boners.

Also to the retards who think the OP should sue - If a corporation does not filed taxes as an Equal Opportunity Employer or public claim to be one, they may fire for whatever reason they want under the 1st Amendment and and US Trade Law... so no the OP can''t sue and telling them to just shows your ignorance.

scottishandrew1 0

bananas in pajamas are coming down the stair

even in an at will employment state you can sue for wrongful termination. When he told you why he was terminating you he gave you all the ammo you need. The best thing you can do as the employer in this situation is tell them "pack your things, we don't need you anymore."