By Anonymous - 03/07/2011 16:21 - United States

Today, my boss fired me for dating a co-worker. There's no policy forbidding it; he just thought it was unfair that I could get with the "hottest girl who works here" but he can't. I live in an at-will employment state. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 647
You deserved it 3 270

Same thing different taste

Top comments

musicalmaggs 0

damn, at least you got the girl.

heartbrakej 0

Comments

Never should date anyone you work with, ultimately it has consequences.

you also shouldn't drive. there are consequences there, too. some are positive (getting where you are going), and usually out weigh the bad (accidents and speeding tickets), but there are consequences, so you should avoid it.

"Consequences will never be the same!!!" One of my favorite quotes ever.

First: I would say to him that the reason he "couldn't get the hot girl" is because he's the kind of asswipe who would fire a guy like you just because you're dating the woman who told him no. Secondly, while you can't sue your girlfriend probably can. Hitting on an employee could definitely be considered sexual harassment. His firing of you could be considered retaliation against her for refusing him. finally despite "at will" employment I think you could still sue him successfully with the right lawyer. A good lawyer could argue that your old boss created a sexually hostile work environment.

All you have to prove is that you lost your job and it wasn't your fault. If this is all that truly happened, you will win unemployment.

he probably am file for unemployment benefits not get his job back

you are a smart lawyer, I am sure, but I'm gonna throw this out anyways: an At-Will employment termination is how one GETS unemployment insurance compensation; if it is filed as an At-Will Termination, without reasonable cause, you get it; if you quit, you won't; if you are FIRED (a firing being LOOSELY defined as TERMINATED *WITH CAUSE*), you don't get it. that's Cali, anyways. the appeal process is pretty detailed, and the judges (who do interviews over 3-way phone calls) tend to sympathize with the unemloyrd, rather than the employer.

Here in MN they sympathize with the employer. That ******* judge didn't seem to hear a word I said...

sockmunky 3

i agree with what a few people said here, have sex with her in front of him. or send him a pic of you both having sex & you sticking up your middle finger.

Maybe something a little more mature. For instance: tell him that your mom says you can't hang out anymore cause he's allowed to watch PG-13 movies. For added emphasis, you could also call him a "doodoo head"

captaindouche is on a roll today, huh? :o |the kid|

sockmunky 3

You think you can talk to him that way just cause he's the new guy? shape up or your ass will be walking the plank.

sockmunky 3

i was talkin to you sweetie =)

Your ass will still walk the plank all the same.

I always knew you wanted to walk my plank. It's not much as far as size, but I know how to use it.

HIwaiian 1

put sugar in his gas tank

jamila123 5
chocolatechocha 8
jobsman99 0

no one said life was fair. at least you can keep bangin her.