By flyakite - 22/08/2014 03:53 - United States

Today, my boss decided our 4 year relationship was unethical, so she broke up with me, then terminated my employment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 138
You deserved it 6 605

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hoopgrug 5

Without knowing more about it, I hesitate to offer unsolicited advice, but is there someone you could report this to?

Comments

If you have HR go to them. It was unprofessional for the 2 of you to start a relationship, but it could actually be illegal for her to fire you. Bring proof.

As a very wise friend of mine once said: "Don't shit where you eat." Surely after 4 years you would have realized the risks you were taking dating your boss.

SparksTheSadie 18

NEVER, EVER date a coworker. Especially if he/she's your boss.

There are always exceptions. I dated a co-worker and now we've been happily married for years.

If she broke up with you 1st, i'd go with unlawful termination.

At least you didn't lose your house and car. Then it'd be time to write a county song.

Maybe they were dating before, and OP needed a job so the girlfriend game him a job under her management. Either way, she shouldn't have dumped AND fired you. Do one or the other. FYL.

HR issue right there. Chin up, OP. Karma will come around to her :)

JCal585 8

YDI. Don't get your dick wet where you work, lesson learned.

Lawsuit. You didn't want to have a relationship. You just felt like you had to because the person was your boss. You had no choice but to have a relationship to keep your job. And then suddenly you were dumped and fired at the same time. Definite lawsuit.

SexyMexi21 23

Well you can't have fun and work at the same time you know! always follow the "don't **** anyone at work" rule