By flyakite - 22/08/2014 03:53 - United States

Today, my boss decided our 4 year relationship was unethical, so she broke up with me, then terminated my employment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 138
You deserved it 6 605

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hoopgrug 5

Without knowing more about it, I hesitate to offer unsolicited advice, but is there someone you could report this to?

Comments

PainOfDemise 11

She could get royally screwed if you decided to pursue that, which you should.

OP, where do you work? Most employers have a fraternization policy that prohibits co-workers, esp subordinates and managers from having relationships outside work to prevent this very thing from happening. Don't mix business with pleasure.

Goblin182 26

to #46 Maybe a better suggestion would have been sexual harassment complaint, filed with HR or the labor department. If OP were a long term employee, and even with only 4 years with the company OP has some seniority built up with this company, like extra vacation time, pay raises, retirement benefits, possible even profit sharing that he is losing when he leaves this company. And he probably will not start off at the same pay grade in a new job as opposed to 4+ years with one company. Getting a new job will not replace these so, yes, I fill that OP is due some compensation for these loses that will only be recovered with legal action.

Sathane 21

She was obviously disappointed with your performance.

She cannot fire you without a reason, you show talk to someone about it, with the right knowledge you can terminate her employment

Did she actually give a reason for firing you? Cause if not you could probably seek charges or somehow get your job back.

jcast0627 9

YDI for dating your boss. That's a little unprofessional in my opinion.

A Christian being judgmental. Go figure.

Maybe they didn't want to but felt like they had to do it to keep their job.

You're gonna make a whole bunch of money when you sue.

This is where HR or an attorney comes in handy