By Anonymous - 06/10/2013 04:44 - United States

Today, my 6-year-old daughter threw a tantrum in the middle of a store, all because I wouldn't buy her a pushup bra. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 457
You deserved it 7 173

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Please tell me you had the common sense not to give in to her?

I think I speak for the entire fml community when I say that I really REALLY hope you did not give in.

Comments

Girls don't even need normal bras until they're like 10.... Wtf

circlelranch69 1

Feel for parents today, I dealt with th same thing although older 8, good luck hold your ground, its gonna get worse.

happyfingers 15

When I was six I knew exactly what a bra was. Even a push up bra. And yet I didn't want one because I knew what they were for and that I didn't have boobs yet. Am I the only person who grew up knowing about all this stuff but knowing my place and limits? I mean, what the hell?

I was in third grade when I realized I wanted to wear a bra and shave like my high school aged sisters I think that's about 8 y/o. my mom got me a cotton tangtop thing n called it a training bra and that was good enough... perhaps she wasn't having the meltdown over it being a pushup but over wanting to do.as those around her? I honestly doubt shed be able to recognize the differnce

katie_xoxo3 16

Haha does she even know what a push up bra is meant for?

She probably didn't know it was a push up bra. She just wanted to feel grown up and wear a bra. Try getting her a training bra. My sister was her age when she started wearing them. In another three or four years, when her breasts start to develop, start her on cups. Best of luck, OP!

Am I the only one who thought that maybe the girl just saw something she wanted (maybe the bra had a cool pattern or something) and pitched a fit like children do all the time? Maybe the kid didn't even know what it was. I didn't know what a bra was when I was 6...

As someone who is around kids a lot, I can say with confidence that.absolutely nothing has changed about kids except the availability of technology -- but contrary to what you might think, they still also like playing outside and playing with simple toys and games! And they are not maturing any faster, it is just that society has come to value an extended childhood. That said, kids want crazy things (when I was her age, I wanted a hot air balloon), and I doubt that this is any more sexualized in her mind than the balloon was in mine. Also, even the best parents can't avoid tantrums from a young child, and it sounds to me like nothing is wrong with OP's parenting skills. After all, it's not like OP actually bought it for her...or like there appears to be a history of tantrums.

Tell her there's nothing to push up!