By Anonymous - 06/10/2013 04:44 - United States

Today, my 6-year-old daughter threw a tantrum in the middle of a store, all because I wouldn't buy her a pushup bra. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 457
You deserved it 7 173

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Please tell me you had the common sense not to give in to her?

I think I speak for the entire fml community when I say that I really REALLY hope you did not give in.

Comments

Mademoiselle_fml 34

Well sorry OP, but you get no sympathy from me. If she was 16, fine, that's pretty FML-worthy that a teenager would throw a tantrum over a dumb bra. But 6 years old? What kind of parenting have you been doing? How on earth could a 6-year-old want a pushup bra so badly? I think you need to look into what TV shows she's watching and what friends she has. This isn't normal at all.

It's not always the parents fault. Kids are influenced by other things beside what's at home. People are so quick to blame. Did you ever think about the kids at school? Older sister? It's not like a bra is some dirty word or inappropriate idea.

I don't think this has anything to do with bad parenting. Children throw tantrums all the time. Maybe she has an older sister who wears bras, maybe she's seen her mom's bras, maybe she saw a woman on the front of a magazine wearing one. The point is, there are so many things that could've led to her knowing about and wanting a pushup bra, that it probably had nothing to do with OPs parenting skills. You can't monitor every single little thing your child sees.

Where the hell are children learning these things? I didn't know what bras were, let alone push-up bras when I was six years old.

Maybe she has an older sister who wears bras.

Lizza330 28

Guys, maybe she just wanted it for what it looked like. A lot of push up bras have pretty designs on them. I know when I was little I wanted things like that because they looked neat.

yeah whenever we passed by Victoria's Secret when i was younger i always wanted something from there jist because it was pretty. My mom always said, "thats grown up clothes. Get it when youre older." only years later did i realize the mortification my mother must have had when i was pointing at the lingerie and bras. o.O

perdix 29

She probably needs all the help she can get in that area. If the other little girls have them, she could end up the crazy cat lady spinster of First Grade. You wouldn't want that, would you?

laurapiggy 3

I found no need to comment on what you said, your face says it all..

Weiss729 6

If she's worried about getting a bra already, I can't imagine what she will be worried about at 13

Wow younger and younger what happen to the good ole days really

I'm glad OP finds this abnormal. There are a lot of parents that would have bought it with no problem. I can't believe some of the clothes I see on little girls these days. sad. :(

Control your child. A good smack on the bum stops temper tantrums. (I'm not talking about beating your child.)

She's six. She has nothing to push up!